1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

electronic scales

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Herman63, Mar 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Herman63

Herman63 Member

0   0   0

Does anyone know of a good digital scale that is economical?

Thanks, Herman63

2. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

0   0   0

Take a look at the XT 1500 from Cabela's I am pretty sure it is made by PACT. It comes with a hard carrying case, AC adapter(it also runs off a 9V battery), and calibration weights. It will weigh up to 1500 gr. I have had one for years and don't ever see having to get anything else. Cost is $79.99, which is less than I paid for mine some years back and mine has a soft case.

The link above will take you directly to the online catalog but for some reason the picture is one of a box of Federal ammo.

Best of luck.

Tim

3. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Herman, I will try to get over to my shop tomorrow and let you know the name of one I purchased six months ago. I have a manual set of scales which I have repeatedly checked it against and it has been right on every time. It sells for less than $50.00 and in my opinion it is very good. We also have one that we weigh gold on and paid close to $500.00 for it and the cheap one has shown the same measurements every time. Jackie B.

4. philk

philk Member

0   0   0

So far I have been happy with my Dillon D terminater.

5. djpk69

djpk69 TS Member

0   0   0

MTM by Casegaurd makes one that you can get from : www.championshooters.com for $27 It's is a nice scale and a good deal. MTM DS-1250 is the model.

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

U.S.Marine Retired - the Pact offers both battery and DC current convertors on the newer models. I just took the battery out and keep it plugged in
    [​IMG]

Semper Fi

7. locdoc

locdoc Member

0   0   0

I just recently discovered that my 10+ year old Dillon D-Terminator is weighing HEAVY. My 700 gr. check weight reads 705 gr. on the Dillon. Can't double check it on my RCBS 505. I have checked several other items on both and the Dillon reads heavy on all items checked with the exception of a 15.2 gr. washer. It was .1 gr. light on that.

I came away from my first conversation with someone at Dillon very upset to say the least. Was told that it could not be recalibrated and when I asked if I had nothing more than a $139.00 "throw away" item I was told "yes". B.S. I don't have a problem returning it to the mfgr. if they will tell me who made it for them. I'll try again and let you all know the results.

Somewhat of a rant. Sorry.

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

8. JJJ

JJJ TS Member

0   0   0

I have a Pact & my oldest son has a Dillon. Both are excellent scales.My son dropped something or else damaged his scalein some other way. He told them, all his fault.
    They replaced it with a NEW scale. They did say, " This one, will only be guaranteed for 1 year." I have been VERY HAPPY with Dillon's N.B. gurantee on several occasions. Why not give them another call & if necessary talk to the top honcho?
    Joe Jordan

9. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

what happened to Dillons no questions asked warranty????

10. dverna

dverna Active Member

0   0   0

Dillon does not give the no BS warranty on everything.

I had to replace a motor on a case feeder - it was on my dime.

The warranty is on their loaders - except for the 1050 machines.

Don Verna

11. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

0   0   0

Cuban, a few years back they had to drop the "No BS" warranty on electronic gear. It only makes sense anyway that this gear won't last a lifetime like their loaders.....Bob Dodd

12. locdoc

locdoc Member

0   0   0

UPDATE:

I talked with someone else this afternoon and they are sending an instruction sheet for recalibrating the scale.

I feel much better after dealing with a different person.

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

13. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I own a Dillon D-Terminator, and it's on its way to CED in Pennsylvania, for repair. I purchased the scale a little less than a year ago, but misplaced the receipt. Dillon and CED are both very strict about having the sales receipt. In fact, Dillon said they would replace mine for $85.00, barring my having a receipt.

I purchased the scale at a Sportsman's Warehouse, which has since closed. However, their customer service was able to locate the sale, since I knew when I bought it. They're sending me a duplicate now.

My D-Terminator shuts off very quickly, much sooner than the manual says. I suspect there's a problem with the switch panel.

It's a very accurate scale, and I've confirmed with my RCBS 5-0-5, and a Lyman 1200.

Best,
    Dennis

14. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

The name of the scales I was talking about was Carbon Express Digital scales. As I said before I have checked them against three other scales and they are accurate. I think I had ordered them through Ellett Brothers and they retail for around $48.00. It has auto shut off and is very easy to use. I leave a small metal cup from my RCBS 505 on it and it stays on 0 when powered on. It is four by six and one half inch thick so it doesn't take up much room. Jackie B.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.