1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Electronic Pickpocketing RFID

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by porky, Jan 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. porky

porky TS Member

There is a new scam around. If you have a credit card with a radio frequency information device in it, someone can walk by you and scan your card, make a new one with the information scanned and start buying with your card. You will never know who it is. Click on the above website and listen to the video.

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    RFID can be defeated.

- Blocking – Construct a conductive foil box (even tin foil is good) around the tag. If you are concerned about RFID emissions from work badges, school IDs, new generation drivers licenses, credit cards, and even cash in the future containing RFID tags, buy or make an RFID-proof wallet. RFID wallet project details are easy to find on the Internet.

- Jamming – Since RFID systems make use of the electromagnetic spectrum like wireless networks or cellphones, they are relatively easy to jam using a strong radio signal at the same frequency the tag operates. Although this would only be an inconvenience for consumers in stores (longer waits at the checkout), it could be disastrous in other environments where RFID is increasingly being used, like hospitals, or in military combat situations. Such jamming devices, however, would in most cases violate government regulations on radio emissions. A group of researchers in Amsterdam have theorized that a personal RFID jammer is possible (their paper is linked to from the version of this article that lives at our web site, www.powerprivacy.com) but the device seems only theoretical at this time.

- Repeated interrogation – Active RFID tags that use a battery to increase the range of the system can be repeatedly interrogated to wear the battery down, disrupting the system.

- Popping – Generating a very strong pulse of radiation at the right frequency can cause RFID tags to resonate and break.

3. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

GED....You probably already knew this but, you're more than likely been carrying them for quite some time......your house is full of them. A lot of purebred dogs have been chipped for years.....I have a dog that's chipped.

RFID chips are everywhere....they're dirt cheap, and manufacturers are putting them in everything. Look for the day when all packaged food is chipped.

There are people that have been chipped, and I would bet that the number of people that are carrying chips would shock us.

The new passports are chipped.

My company credit cards were taken outside the US.....AND, were not used to purchase anything, within a week, of their return, some of them were being used 1/2 way around the world.

You could do as some I've heard of, that put their licenses and credit cards on a demag, and zap em.....so their info has to be keyed in.

4. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Sheep are easily lead to the slaughter!

Electronic's have their place, doing what YOU should be doing is not one of them!

Look for the day when all humans are chipped! passports won't be needed and we will all be safe! riiiiiiight!

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I, for one, will not ever have a chip in my body. That's definitely a line in the sand. Bad enough that ID will eventually be chipped.

Some stores are experimenting with RFID scanners that detect your bank cards as you walk by them in an aisle. They will then access a database with your purchasing history, and will present you with audible ads based upon that. That's one of the reasons RFID proof wallets started being made.

6. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

one word.....CASH, ok, so for large purchases or when traveling it isn't convenient, but for everyday.....leave the cards in the gun safe, pay with a check if necessary...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.