1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Electronic Money transfer

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Capt_ed, Mar 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capt_ed

Capt_ed Member

So here in Canada we have processs within our banking and email systems of transfering money from one person (EMT) to another as long as each of them does there banking online . Nothing more than email addresses are needed by either party. My question is ,is that a process that is avalible in the US banking system and does anyone kmow if it can be done between our countries. I have bought a few items on TS and in the past have sent checks (with no problem) but it seems like quite a time waster with snail mail and then waiting for checks to clear.

2. Traders

Traders Well-Known Member

Yes, money can be transfered by wire transfer. Every country's system is somewhat different, but wire transfers are the standard system worldwide to transfer large sums of money. What you need to do is contact the potential receiver of your funds and have him contact his bank for the proper wire transfer instructions. You then give those instructions to your bank. For institutions that wire money on a regular basis, all of this information is already on file.

For individuals, the US system is clumsier than the Canadian, but will work. Be careful to ask your bank what fee they will charge you for the transaction. In the US, for good customers, it is usually a free service. For smaller customers, the fee may be $25.00 US. Also, remember that once you wire money, it goes almost immediately. There is no check to clear or stop.

Hope this helps.

3. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

We do have a method to pay anyone with an email address. It is called PayPal.

Jim Skeel

4. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

ALRIGHT TRADER WE GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. locdoc

locdoc Member

Me thinks the system has a "glitch"

6. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

7. oz

oz Active Member

traders heck of a stutter you have there. oz

8. Traders

Guys,

There is either a glitch in the system or my computer. I wish i knew which. I have noticed others with this problem, but my last post was the worst. Sorry. Hopefully this one will post just once.

9. Traders

Cleaned up. Sorry.

10. dhip

dhip Active Member

Check your setting for mouse.Maybe you had it set for double click

Doug H.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.