1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Electrolyses Bore Cleaner Info

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Claymuncher, Dec 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Claymuncher

Claymuncher Member

I need to buy one (rifle) and am wondering if anyone can suggest the best to buy or not to buy. Thank you

Or does anyone have one they do not need?

CM

2. no5shooter

no5shooter Member

Just a thought, do a little online research and you may find you can make one that will work just fine and not cost very much at all. I made mine and it seems to clean as well as a factory-made unit.

3. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

There is a powder out now that will shoot a barrel clean. I think it was Guns and Ammo Magazine used the stuff on a very badly fouled barrel and in a surprisingly small number of rounds the barrel was squeeky clean.

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Hogwash. Copper fouling pounds itself into the pores of the metal with around 50 thousand PSI. I have difficulty believing any powder can get under there and remove it.

The best copper remover I found is the Wipe-out foam. Carbon is quite another matter, you need a specific cleaner there.

FWIW The electronic system is probably cumbersome for frequently used rifles.

We recently had a thread on this subject. (carbon removal)

HM

5. Claymuncher

Claymuncher Member

halfmile : I have six guns that all have a lot of rounds through them, Is it worth the trouble to buy an electro cleaner. I do not think I would use it all the time but I wanted to give them all a good cleaning and go from their. I can't see myself making one but would buy one if it is worth it. I have since traveled a lot of rifle forums and it is evenly split, most say they would not bother.

In all the info that I have read I have yet to hear anyone say an electro cleaner will get a bore as clean as it can get, which I would have thought that was the point.

I probably will not and stay with my JP.........

CM

6. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

I have an original Outers Foul Out system in like new condition if you are interested. I think I used it once on a heavily copper fouled bore. I believe I even have extra solutions for lead and copper, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.