1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

electric wheelchair

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dogsitter, Dec 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dogsitter

dogsitter TS Member

I have to shoot from wheelchair ,I have in the pass seen a lot if shooters doing the same. I would like to hear from others like myself if they had any problems and setup for carrying supplies. Thank You Rube

2. rjdden

rjdden TS Member

dogsitter: I to am a wheel chair shooter. Although I haven't had the chance to shoot from my electric but I have shot from my push me pull you chair or the old fashioned one. Power by armstrong. I just have my shell bag which has three compartments in it and one being for shells that have been shot. I cary extra shells for the unexpected no fires. As far as anything else My glasses are on and my earphones are on my head and I go shoot. If shooting doubles I use the other compartment in my bag to house the other box of shells. I do have help from a pusher now and then or until I can get on the sidewalk and I go from there. I have a carrier in mind to make for my electric. It's made from PCB pipe and will be capable of carrying a gun a set of crutches. But other than that this is all I have. I do throw in a small bottle of water to, I forgot that. But it dosen't take up that much space. Here in Az. it's nice to have the water because of the warmer conditions.

Rich.(inPeoria,A.Z.)

3. barnbarron

barnbarron TS Member

Hey guys.
    I use a wheelchair sometimes and a three wheel scooter others. In the scooter the basket is really good--I just let my bag lay in it and shove the empties in it and also carry extra shells and drinks or whatever.

The chair is something else--best advise is a good vest. In cooler weather a photographers vest is great. They are sometimes called a safari vest---lots of big pockets!!!

In either be careful to not let the barrel poke the ground or drag---yea I know it sounds goofy ,but it happens.

Anyways--break em all.

Barnbarron

4. OVBILL

OVBILL TS Member

Dogsitter: I agree with Rich, I also shoot from a chair, I tried numerous holders and devices, and some worked fine others trail and error

If by chance there’s an PVA shoot in your area, I would strongly suggest going, then you can check out all the different set ups, this group of great guy’s have to offer (and these guys can shoot), it will depend on your level of injury, to what will work best for you

http://www.pva.org/site/PageServer?pagename=sports_trapshoot_circuit_12

all the best

Bill

5. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

I do not need a wheelchair but bought one to use as a gun and ammo caddy and also have a place to sit as a lot of clubs lack adequate seating space.

I too would like some pictures of chair set ups. I made a 3 wheel carrier but it was too big when folded so I sold it. I have some ideas for my chair but will wait for warm weather to start on it. Will post pictures when done.

I also bought a couple of walkers with the brakes but now think they will go too and I will keep the chair. Ray

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.