1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Electric shaver advice

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by msmith, Aug 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msmith

msmith Member

Need advice on a good electric shaver. I completely tore a distal bicep tendon and will be having surgery to repair it so I will need to purchase a good electric shaver as I will not be able to use my arm for 6 weeks. Growing a beard is out. Thanks, mike

2. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Philips Norelco with out a doubt.

3. Bill Roberts

Bill Roberts Active Member

But which one? Norelco makes a ton of models.

4. GrubbyJack

GrubbyJack Member

Norelco, but look and see where it was made, China or Holland !!!

the ones I have seen made in Holland cost more, but to me, worth the price.. Grubby

5. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Nolelco here too

Man don't get a Braun, had one lasted two years and the battery crapped out, and you can't replace the battery, and it was pretty pricey too, my wife bought it for me for Christmas

6. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I have the Norelco model AT830. You can use the shaver in the shower and or rinse the blade heads under the tap in the sink. I've only done it a few times as I clean mine with the brush provided with the shaver.

In the last 25 - 30 years I've only had to replace the shaver twice.

7. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

msmith:

Sorry to hear about your injury. I don't know diddly squat about electric shavers so understand what follows is a sincere if naive question.

Why would an electric shaver be easier to use with an injured wing than a regular razor?

sissy

8. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Braun not cheap just the best! Jeff

9. quartering

quartering Active Member

10. Razorback

Razorback TS Member

Have had a Braun made in Germany for a ittle over five years and so far so good. It is a model 5790. I'm sure the Norelco shavers are great also. Very happy with the Braun. John

11. Hardcsh

Hardcsh Member

Braun, Series 7 is rated the best by Consumer Report.
    I have the Series 3-370 cc. that I purchased at Wally World and love it.

12. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

I am on my second Braun for almost 10 years and it is just as good now as it was when I bought it.

The first one lasted over 10 years before I tossed it, because they quit making replacement heads for it.

Before that I have tried both Remington and Norelco and they never lasted more than a year.

Neither the Remington or the Norelco gave me as good as a shave as the Braun.

13. Shoot-at-em

Shoot-at-em TS Member

Buy something cheap if you're only planning on using it while your arm recovers.

14. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

What Sissy said.

I have had 4 shoulder surgeries and a complete replacement. I use an old fashioned brush and mug with a modern 4 blade razor. I have yet to need anything else because one arm was down for repair. To each his own though and good luck with your arm troubles. I wish you a speedy recovery.

15. Redbone311

Redbone311 TS Member

Norelco three head. I had one for 20 years that I finally retired. Got a new one, a bit cheaper made but works well. The other type heads/blade can pull and tear out hairs instead of cutting them. A bit painfull. And a better closer shave w/ the 3 head as well.

16. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Norelco #7410 Around 39.95 and Water proof. Charge it then use it. Lasts about a week for me.JMO Joe joe90t

17. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Being right handed I do not use my left hand with blade razor. I can however use my electric w/left to do entire face. I have a Philips/Norelco 7340XL that does a pretty good job. Jake

18. mark54

mark54 Member

Over the years,I have used nearly every name brand shaver. Currently, I have a Braun Series 5 550cc-4. By far the best of the bunch.

Mark54 in Lititz

19. Krieghoff100

Krieghoff100 Member

Braun that takes AA's. Shaves as good as the rechargables but less than $50 and runs on batteries. Tried them all and this one wins!!!

20. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

I have the Norelco PT730, great shaver, I use it every say.

I also have a Norelco 781OXL that was my only shaver, I purchased the PT730 so I had a shaver in each bath room. Each of these shavers are very good. The 781OXL will cost a little more.

Check the PT730 out at the URL above.

Frank

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.