1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ELECTRIC OR GAS GOLF CART FOR TRAPSHOOTING

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 33ZIGZAG, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 33ZIGZAG

33ZIGZAG TS Member

WHAT IS BETTER TO BUY FOR TRAPSHOOTING.

2. BIG JIM IN BAKERSFIELD

BIG JIM IN BAKERSFIELD TS Member

A gas cart will cost you less to operate in the long run. Plus, if you have a multiple day event, you have to find a way to charge it. BIG JIM

3. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

gas for sure...they run for ever when owned by someone who sees to it they are maintained...and only 1 battery to replace

4. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Gas is the only way to go.

5. dverna

dverna Active Member

Gas.

Don Verna

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Buy stock in a battery company and get an electric cart ... Hang close to a friend who has a gas cart so he can tow you back to your shelter so you can recharge it every night, or eliminate that and be smart and buy a Gas cart ...
    I have had more than one gas cart and always carry a rope to tow those believers in electric home from time to time ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

APrice is right the electrics are queter and have no fumes especially when they quit moving all together at the most inopertune times.lol

8. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

After viewing the size of us trapshooters,a good pair of walking shoes would be the wise choice. Clyde D

9. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

gas for sure...they run for ever when owned by someone who sees to it they are maintained...and only 1 battery to replace

10. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Gas is the only way to go.

11. dverna

dverna Active Member

Gas.

Don Verna

12. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Buy stock in a battery company and get an electric cart ... Hang close to a friend who has a gas cart so he can tow you back to your shelter so you can recharge it every night, or eliminate that and be smart and buy a Gas cart ...
    I have had more than one gas cart and always carry a rope to tow those believers in electric home from time to time ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

13. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

APrice is right the electrics are queter and have no fumes especially when they quit moving all together at the most inopertune times.lol

14. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

After viewing the size of us trapshooters,a good pair of walking shoes would be the wise choice. Clyde D

15. SPACE GUN

SPACE GUN Member

I have an electric cart and love it, I take it to state shoots etc. without any charging problems. I can go 2-3 days without charging it on seven year old batteries. It is smooth, quite and basicaly maintence free. If I travel I just ask someone or even the hotel and they are more than happy to loan me an outlet. Before you buy, drive both and I think you will agree that the electric one is just better, no jerking, choking, fumes,oil changes, filters, etc. Batteries every 8-10 years

16. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

APrice,

They use them for NV's (neighborhood vehicles) around where I live, and yes I have towed many electric carts home and even a gas cart once that ran out of gas, now I just drive by and laugh at them ... You amaze really easy if that amazes you, different strokes for different folks I guess ... I have had two carts, a Western and a Yamaha both gas and no problems with either one ... I sold them to friends who still use them and they don't have any problems with the gas carts either ... Two electric carts got towed back to their trailer just last week end at a shoot, by gas carts I might add ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Hey Bro Jerry, whats happeneing ..?

17. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I have an electric club car and it works nothing short of fabulous for trap shooting. I like no noise. I like no smell. I like no vibration. I like not having to change oil. I like not having to tune it up and I like being able to make that thing go as fast as I like. The electric models are far more easy to hop up and the hop ups work. Mine stock would go 17 mph and by adding a new motor it now goes near 30 mph. Not a bad up grade for $300. and it took me all of about 1/2 hour to do it.
    Good luck with your decision.

18. SMITH47

SMITH47 Member

Perazzi Cart with leaf springs !

ernie

19. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Goose2, I have a Ezgo electric that I would like to hop up. Mine is a 36 Volt, hope that isn't a problem. Jackie B.

20. shotgun1957

shotgun1957 TS Member

where do you live i can hook you up with either but i perfer electric at shoots much quiter and no fumes and i do remember to charge mine every day or so(night)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.