1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Electric on a Spolar?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ajax, Mar 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

Is anyone using an Automate or Electric set up on a Spolar?

Could you give me some Pro's and Con's about the set up.

Thank you,
    Ajax

2. benedict1

benedict1 TS Member

I use Spolar Hydraulic. It is outstanding and wouldn't be without it. If I had to pull that handle with my arthritis I would be immobilized.

3. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

I agree with all of you. There's no way my arm would be able to pull a handle again but I'm looking especially for advice on the electrics. I understand about the hydraulic units. I've had a hydraulic for a long time but I want to understand about the electrics and what is good and bad about them.

Thanks,
    Ajax

4. chipking

chipking TS Member

I put the first auto-drive from PW (ser # SP001) on my Spolar. IT IS FANTASTIC!!! Took all of 20 minutes to set up and I now have well over 40,000 TROUBLE FREE, ADJUSTMENT FREE loads across the combo. I have had the PW and Spolar hydraulics and even had a Automate II on my PW 900s for a while and I would not go back to any of them or a handle pull ever again. The auto-drive takes less room, makes less noise and heat than ANY hydraulic and can not leak. Won't break loaders if you get something bound up. And unlike the Automate I had never needs the end of travel adjustments tweaked because the hall effects decide to trigger at a slightly different voltage or loses it's mind in mid stroke and starts dancing on top of your bench with 70 + pounds of loader.

The auto-drive is slightly slower than either hydraulic unit but still faster than I will ever need.

--- Chip King ---

5. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Contact Whiz White at S&W Supplies. He sells the excellent Electric drive unit made by PW set up especially for the Spolar. I have the unit on my PW 800+ and am very pleased with it. Everyone says that it works just as well on the Spolar machine.

best...mike

mikepoore_2008_270825.jpg

6. dss8110

dss8110 Member

I have both electric and hydraulic.call me i will tell you David 832-282-9262

7. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

I currently have both Spolar with spolar hydraulic, and Spolar with PW electric drive. Both are terrific. I am choosing to stay with the electric drive, which is just personal preference for me.

The ED is quiet, powerful, easy to control. It is a tad slower than hydraulic since I choose to use the hand control. Foot control might give you a bit more speed, but honestly unless you are loading for a small village, it is plenty fast enough to keep you in tons of shells.

I have had the spolar hydraulic rig for probably 5 years or so, and it has been bullet proof as well. While it makes obvious pump/motor noise, it is not obnoxious at all, and tells you when to change up directions.

Either will serve you well....if you have neither, I would push you toward the electric unit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.