1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Electric Motor Wiring

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Rick in Ohio, Feb 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick in Ohio

Rick in Ohio Active Member

Ok guys I need a little help here.

I have a hayward pool pump that is running on 110v, I like to change it over to 230v. I know that the black wire goes on post #1 and the white wire goes on post #2 but what I need to know do I change the little white and black wire to post B to change it over to 230v?

The sticker on the motor is not all that good to make out what to do ..... this is why I am asking. I think the wire I am asking about moves up to post B.

rickinohio_2009_270455.jpg

2. Rick in Ohio

Maybe this will help you guys out that may know a little more about this stuff.

rickinohio_2009_270456.jpg

3. chipking

chipking TS Member

OK looking at the wiring tap you posted. For 230V the white wire with the black line will move from A up to B AND the smaller black wire that is currently on L1 will move up to A.

From your picture both wires to be moved have the brass colored ends NOT the silver with blue insulation which are your power in lines.

--- Chip King ---

4. Rick in Ohio

Thanks!

I just couldn't remember if I needed to change the two little wires or just one little wire with the black line on it to make this pump run on 230v.

This save me a trip to the Electric Motor shop.

Thanks again guys!

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

220 221 whatever it takes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.