1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Elections Have Consequences.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by JBrooks, Jun 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

"WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court made it easier Monday for some foreigners who overstay their visas to seek to remain in the United States legally.

The court ruled 5-4 Monday that someone who is here illegally may withdraw his voluntarily agreement to depart and continue to try to get approval to remain in the United States.

Justice Kennedy wrote the majority opinion, joined by his four liberal colleagues. The four conservative justice dissented."

While McCain is not as conservative as I would like, we really need him nominating the next 2 Supreme Court Justices, not Obambi.

2. DJM

DJM Member

7 of 9 justices have been chosen by Republican Presidents. Unfortunately "moderate" Republican presidents have choosen two of the 4 liberal leaning justices. Ford chose Stevens and GHW Bush chose Souter. I would challenge you to name an instance of Republican Presidents missing a greater opportunity to advance conservatism. Even our hero Reagan chose the swing voting Kennedy. So what does that tell me about the choice a "maverick" Republican President like McCain would make? I do believe we can safely assume that a Democrat President would never appoint a conservative or even a swing voting judge. Don Miller

3. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

But, Don, we still must ask if we'd prefer the choices of the OTHER candidate, eh?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.