1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Election Season Wisdom By: Mr. Pat Ireland

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by gdbabin, Nov 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Below is the most sage and mature TS.com posting of this entire election season in my view:

30Sep08
    "Trappy- The expression of your young idealistic political positions will not change my mind. I am not able to express my political positions in a manner that will change your mind. Our life experiences are the only thing that could change our positions. The only reason I can see that we keep trying to change others is to convince ourselves that we are correct.
    Pat Ireland "

Pat directed this lesson toward Trappy, but I believe we should all read the last two sentences again as it's true for all of us. Notice also that the wisdom provided transcends Pat's political affiliations.

I hope you don't mind the resurrection of your post Pat; I wanted to make sure its message wasn't lost among the chaff.

Guy Babin

2. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Guy, Thanks for reposting Pat's words they are as you say ,"sage and mature" his point should be well taken by all that take the time to read his words. We need to now hope that are President elect can not only talk the talk but walk the walk and fulfill his campainge promises. We need to give him a chance and stop all the name calling.

3. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Amazingly the sun still came up Wednesday morning. Fred

4. mercedesman1981

mercedesman1981 TS Member

Agreed Guy, thanks for re-posting.

Mike

5. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

AND JUST AS PREDICTABLE, THE STOCK MARKET TANKED anticipating Obama's new tax policies.

6. tsosin

tsosin TS Member

So I got up the next day after the election and loaded up some one oz. 71/2 shot loads with 17.5 grains of reddot, a green duster wad and cheddite primer. I think that I like them much better than the same load with 8 shot.

The next election is only 4 years away, and in the meantime, I'll support candidates who I hope will make the country a better place, and probably change my mind on shell loads and gun adjustments a few more times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.