1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Election Celebration at Gun Club

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Coyote 270, Nov 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coyote 270

Coyote 270 Member

Shoot while you wait: Alabama GOP plans election night party at gun range

Published November 05, 2012

Associated Press

HOOVER, Alabama – Alabama Republicans plan to hold their election night party at a gun range, where participants will be able to shoot a few rounds as returns come in.

The state Republican Party is inviting supporters to the 52,000-square-foot Hoover Tactical Firearms for a "victory party" Tuesday night.

The suburban Birmingham business sells firearms and it has ranges where people can shoot their own guns or guns that are available for rent.

A party announcement says the shooting ranges will be available for two hours during the election event. There will also be a band and an appearance by Miss Alabama.

Loaded guns will be allowed only on the firing range and a party spokeswoman says drinking won't be allowed while people are shooting.

Republicans are expecting GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney to easily carry Alabama.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/11/05/shoot-while-wait-alabama-gop-plans-election-night-party-at-gun-range/?test=latestnews#ixzz2BP2WyECB

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

Hope all y'all manage to get miss Alabama drunk...

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Very cool, wish I was close enough to participate.

4. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Me too. I'll be shooting at the Tucson T&S club. I voted early back in Illinois and am ready to party when we find out Romney won.

5. Nutso

Nutso Member

Unfortunately the news today sucks. My state voters were so smart they also voted a sales tax increase.

Tim

6. shoobedoo

shoobedoo Member

At least you guys got to vote on it. In Maryland the legislature simply passes tax increases without ever bothering to ask the citizens to approve it, this is the reason Maryland has some of the highest taxes of any state in the nation. In my view, we don't get anything special for the obscenely high taxes we pay, the roads, schools, etc. here are no better than many states with far lower taxes. The government in Maryland is and has been controlled by Democrats for decades, and they just love to dig ever deeper in to the pockets of the taxpayers. In additon to high taxes, my lovely state has a high cost of living and is also one of the most corrupt in the nation, which doesn't offer much hope if you're a citizen and taxpayer. Texas is looking better all the time, low taxes (0% personal income tax) relatively mild winter weather in much of the state, and a gun friendly environment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.