1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Elected officials with PTSD..

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by rpeerless, Mar 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

A new problem for America, what to to about elected officals who suffer PTSD while in office and govern in accordance with their mental illness and with complete and utter disregard for the oath(s) they swore to uphold.

Perhaps these officals, take for example, Gov Malloy of CT, who probably has seen in depth photos and undisclosed information with regard to Sandy Hook has acquired PTSD while in office. Is it possible that his response in the form of bad legislation is one of PTSD?

How do we the public know? Should he be removed from office pending an examination or multiple examinations?

What should we look for in our leaders who may be suffering from this illness?

Why would we think that elected officals in their offical capacity are immune from this disease?

Who does the public appeal to in a case like that?

Where are the professionals on this disease for the sake of discussion? Veterans with experience on this topic please weigh in as well.

2. rpeerless

Seriously, Gary? It is about the public safety after all...isn't it? The constituents who the Governor is appeasing with this spontaneous legislation have suffered a traumatic loss or experience as well. Do they know, they in their anguish and their grief, are in turn hurting others by unjust legislation? Not to equate the two forms of loss, but this deals with the whole of the population actually of the entire USA by setting a precedent.
    However some people can grieve for the loss of their Country as deeply as others grieve for the loss of a loved one.

3. rpeerless

The presence of PTSD may explain why facts and documentation, reason and logic are being ignored in favor of 'pretzel logic (&)'.

4. rpeerless

Yes Gary and maybe a few had political careers where they could change legislation based on their experiences and point of view within the guidelines of the Constitution and the Declaration. Yes, they did not try to take away veteran's Second Amendment Rights, because who better than veterans could take up arms and defend this great Nation.

And then there's Berryman, "indeed the most mentally deranged people are those who see in others indications of insantity that they do not notice in themselves."

If PTSD applies to our veterans than it should apply to our elected officals as well where applicable.

Clearly in this case, in my humble opinion, I see where it may apply, but I turn to the professionals, which is what certain lawmakers should do when it comes to gun legislation, instead of soley reacting with panic and hysteria.

And you don't ask people who raise parakeets for a living what to do about gun ownership or guns period if it's not their area of expertise.

Futhermore, I come from a family of veterans, God bless them and I've worked with veterans as my co workers, and been on the range with veterans. I can and would trust a veteran with my life.

After all, if the mentally ill are not competent enough to own firearms, then the mentally ill should not hold public office and legislate either.

And if the professionals of any given area are too incompetent to choose and purchase their own tools and implements without government interference then perhaps they should be deemed mentally ill as well. (Sarcastically intended)

Imagine a dentist who needs government to select what dentistry tools he may or may not purchase. Or a chef asking what kitchen tools he may or may not purchase. Or a gravedigger asking government what he needs to dig a hole.

5. rpeerless

Gary, sorry if this doesn't fit your gun control agenda but frankly we can not afford any more bad leadership and poor descision making especially where our Second Amendment Rights or any God given rights are concerned. I turned it to the pros. If your not a pro then don't take upon yourself to tell me I'm wrong for thinking the way I do. PTSD is a real mental disorder and if officials are suffering as a result of trauma then they like anyone else should receive treatment regardless of how feigned you think it may be.

6. rpeerless

Gary,

You are either very confused or a wolf in lib clothing.

If you wanna know why re read my posts. Don't understand how you could NOT GET IT. Other than you are a low information thinker.

I regularly read this forum and do not know who chesty is and don't care to. I'm not talking about suing anyone you are.

If you know anything at all about PTSD please post, otherwise shut up please so someone who does or a professional can post.

This was a request for more information about a 'hypothetical' problem, a thesis.

Talk to the hand. I'm done with you and your twisted nonsense.

7. rpeerless

IMHO it is in the public best interest to know if public officals suffer from disorders or have developed disorders that could seriously effect governance, legislation and the rule of law and what happens if this does occur? That's all.

8. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

GW22 has made millions off of his government payments peerless- you are wasting your breath talking to him

Regards from Iowa

Gene

9. rpeerless

GW22,

It's okay for the sake of discussion, no need to delete your posts.

10. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Planting season hasnt started and the trip to the mailbox only takes GW22 about 15 mins to cover that 50 feet with his "ripped" body.

I see he was busy and had all time on his hand so the millionaire GW22 deleted 6 posts?

GW-- where is your resolve to be heard on this anti military agenda of yours?

Regards from Iowa

Gene

11. rpeerless

GN77777777777777777777,

That wasn't necessary.

12. rpeerless

http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/04/connecticut-governor-malloy-office-threatens-veteran-with-arrest-for-asking-questions-about-his-new-gun-ban-2/

13. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    After the Second Amendment is gone, the First Amendment will be next.

Or in this case, at the same time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.