1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ejectors on TMX

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 1moreround, Oct 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1moreround

1moreround TS Member

Is it possible to disconnect the ejectors on my TMX and have it extract the empty hulls only...thanks in advance........1moreround

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

If you don't want to premaritally modify this feature, you can change the ejector spring to a much weaker one. It's easy & inexpensive, you'll have the option to change it back later.

3. 1moreround

1moreround TS Member

Is it a difficult job to change to a lighter spring?

4. Steve W

This is what I did,

Grab the barrel, push the ejector against a solid wood bench or similar, till the ejector retaining disk/button cleared the opening,

Use a paper clip or magnet to pick the disk out, now the ejector is under full spring tension, slowly retract it out of the barrel.

The ejector, spring, and it's pin is three piece deal, don't lose any of them.

Replace a spring is easier than it sound.

Good luck.

5. 1moreround

1moreround TS Member

Is any spring needed to operate the gun, b/c a shorter or softer spring is not the easiest thing to aquire up here in Canada...Can it just be removed?

6. Steve W

Unfortunately you need the spring to keep the ejector in place from getting damaged.

If you have absolutely no source to get correct springs, use a s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d ball pen spring, just stretch them longer than the original ej. spring. I had good luck with them, usually they last for years.

7. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

Just remove the ejector rod. Very simple. The shell will extract but not eject thus allowing the spent shell casing or unfired shell to be removed from the chamberwith your fingers. You remove the ejector rod by first seperating the receiver from the stock. Pull out and back on the ejector rod to remove. Reassemble the stock and reciever and your ready to go. I wear a glove on both hands and found this to be the best way with out damaging springs. Post-2.

8. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Remove the spring and cut 4 or 5 coils from the existing spring and then reinstall

Ed Yanchok

9. 1moreround

1moreround TS Member

Mia, I just thought it might save on the ejectors over time, but I love to catch those empties in mid air! Thanks guys for the help...1moreround

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.