1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ejector/Extractor

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 682 beretta, May 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 682 beretta

682 beretta Member

I picked up a single barrel for my 682 and this one extracts rather than eject. Can someone walk me through the conversion ? Thanks in advance.
    Barney

2. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

You need to figure if someone ground the ejector down so it won't kick the shell, or if they cut the spring so it can't throw the shell free of the gun.

Compare both to the ones on your other barrel and it should be obvious which one was altered.

Replacing the spring involves a call to Coles or J P Springs. The ejector is more complicated - best to replace it (Coles), and it will need to be fitted and timed.

3. 682 beretta

682 beretta Member

The spring and pin (follower) are new. The extractor lifts the hull lazily, while my combo and top single barrel ejectors lift them about a 1/16 in. and then agressively snaps out the empty.

4. Ray Collins

Ray Collins Active Member

Very simple: The fore-end iron levers have been ground down a bit(probably by Rich Cole)to change from ejector to extractor. He did mine. Simply replace them with a new pair...

Doc

5. 682 beretta

682 beretta Member

Hi Doc, I don't think so. I swapped the ejector from my bottom combo bbl. and the unsingle bbl. ejected properly. So it must be the ejector itself. They appear to be identical,but maybe the contour on the rear is different.

6. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

If you look at the end of the ejector where it curves downward - compare this to your 'good' one and you will notice that it has been shortened.

You could have it built up with weld and re-ground, but I think it is easier to buy a hew one and have it fitted (often they drop in - or nearly so)

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/cid=0/k=beretta%20ejector/t=P/ksubmit=y/Products/All/search=beretta_ejector

or

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/cid=0/k=beretta+ejector/t=P/ksubmit=y/avs%7CMake~~Model_1=Beretta__S682/Products/All/search=beretta_ejector

7. Ray Collins

Ray Collins Active Member

Oh well, wish it could have been simple...

Doc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.