1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

eight old trap guns

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BILL GRILL, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Left to right Parker sbt sc grade, Parker sxs Dh w/vent rib w/o safety 32" barrels. Ithaca 4e sbt, Ithaca 5e sxs 30" barrels, vent rib, single trigger.
    Lc Smith Specialty grade sbt, Lc Smith sxs Crown Grade, vent rib, single trigger, 30" barrels. Fox L grade sbt, Fox sxs Xe grade, vent rib, single trigger, 30" barrels. And there you have it all American made.

<a href="http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/billgrill/?action=view&current=DSC01768.jpg" target="_blank"> DSC01768.jpg </a>

2. GW22

GW22 Active Member

An elegant display of some beautiful American guns. Thanks for sharing, Bill.

-Gary

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Very nice Bill. I love the gun cabinet and the whole display together is awesome. Thanks for sharing those beautiful guns. I'm especially partical to the Parker guns. I'm just not sure why though. :)

M. Parker

4. SPORTALLURING

SPORTALLURING Active Member

Very,very nice Bill... You need to set that silver Renfro trophy with those fine ol` Trap guns.

Sportalluring

5. BILL GRILL

Randy, It's in that room. But your right it should be there with them. Where you been? Any new finds lately? Regards, Bill

6. FHALZ

FHALZ TS Member

Bill, now that is a nice group of guns and a great cabinet. Thanks for sharing. Frank

7. BROWNST100

BROWNST100 Member

Thanks for sharing, Bill...The new room looks good also.

Vern

8. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Bill:
    Fantasic!!!
    Steve

9. PatMiles

PatMiles Well-Known Member

Okay, now I need a cigarette!

Pat

10. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Bill, Did you have any of the guns reconditioned? They almost look new. Nice display. Dave

11. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Bill who built the cabinet?
    Joe

12. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Very nice display of trap and pigeon guns. Tell us about the L Grade Fox. Serial number, provenance?

13. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Beautiful American made Shotguns and a fantastic display

14. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

I hope Bill shoots the L grade as well as an old Ithaca I know of. Mighty fine guns for a mighty fine guy. ;)

15. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Bill, if I had that gun display, in that room, I'd pour a couple fingers of Crown and sit back and look at them.

16. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Dixie, ever been to Jaqua's???

17. BILL GRILL

Bob, I can not attest to the shootability of the L grade. I just recently got it back. When I recieved it it had about a 12" length of pull with the original collapsed recoil pad. I did save them. I just reciently got it back from being restocked with a forarm refinish at the same time. I will get back to you on that when Winter league starts.

Trapboy1957, I will do that at a later date. I am having a huge problem with finding the right furniture for this room. This room has been a 2 to 3 year project.

Eightbore, The serial no on the Fox is 400116. I think it it one of 29 L grades known to exist. I did aquire it from a gentleman that owned 2 of them. He was a friend of Frank Conley and aquired alot of his collection. I might add that I wish I had some of your knowledge of guns. Regards, Bill

18. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

I am sure glad you have such a wonderful collection and share it with us on TS.

I know that room will get you through the long winter in the UP

I'm stuck here in FL 84 today had the air on better send a couple of those beauties down I will exercise them for you over the winter.

19. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Dixie,

They make entry doors that are the same as a gun safe with locking bolts and all. They are called Vault doors. Make the room secure and no worries about displaying guns as such.
    grntitan_2009_2503243.jpg

20. BILL GRILL

Old One Eye, What most of these guys don't know is. There was a trapshooter that asked a question on trapshooter.com about history of trap guns in 2006 The question was answered by Old One Eye with the recomendation that the book " The American Single Barrel Trap Gun " Should be aquired by someone asking this question. Well I purchased the book, read it, and it lead to this.
    Buddy you have lead me down a long road and I owe you a debt I could never repay. Thank You, Bill Grill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

oldtrap guns