1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Edwardsville Memorial Shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Clay Addict, May 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clay Addict

Clay Addict Member

I was in Illinois for the Memorial day weekend and went to Edwardsville to shoot. I have not been there in a few years and did not have the fun I was anticipating. In the spirit of trying to help, please consider working on the Pat Traps so they throw a consistant legal bird. Without embellishing, more than 5% of my calls for birds received a broken bird, no bird, or illegal bird. Many targets were well out of the proper angle with some right hand birds leaving at such extreem angles it interfered with the shooters on the adjacent field. Please stop the trap help from driving around in the club truck yelling to their buddies. You may want to ask the trap help standing behind the line having a good time to not be so loud that they caused several shooters to turn a wait for them to be quiet. Please load the machines before the event and during, to avoid all of the delays we experienced. Please work on the speakers as some apparently were not tested prior to the start of the event as they were bad on the first squad. Consitant target from field to field would be an improvement. And last but not least..why did you reclassify shooters right at the start of the shoot after they had already been classified. All of the problems made for a very long day.

A successful shoot begins days before the event. The facilities looked very nice even in the down pour. Enjoyed all of the youth shooters. Hope the next time I am in the area for Memorial day things will be better and I can get a belt buckle. The buckles looked nice but I did not see anything for all of the lady shooters? Don't forget, most lady shooters are with another shooter that paid too. My local club did not have prizes for the ladies and the result was fewer husband and wives shot the events until a lady sponsored the prizes and insisted on a nice ladies prize in each event. Couples started shooting there again and now there is always a ladies catagory.

Good luck Edwardsville, you have a great place!
    CA

2. DTWASP1

DTWASP1 TS Member

We appreciate the feedback. It was a tough day all around given the severe weather, but we're taking your comments into consideration as we prepare for our next shoot. Hope you'll come back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.