1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Edwardsburg MI Meat shoots start in Nov.

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by addictedtotrap, Sep 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. addictedtotrap

addictedtotrap Member

Hello folks, well since we are doing Calcuttas on the 4th Sunday , we will be doing our winter meat shoots on the 1st Sunday of the month starting in Nov. and as such since its Nov we will be offering turkeys (go figure) as part of the 1st place prize, i am sure Mark will get other first place prizes also:)

So just a friendly reminder Meat shoots start the 1st Sunday in Nov. at Edwardsburg Conservation club in edwardsburg Mi.
    website above
    Meatshoots start at 10 am

I believe we will be serving a breakfast at the meat shoots.

Jake

2. moore5833

moore5833 TS Member

Ever thought of doing them on Sat?? The Calcutta shooters would probly flock to it on a Sat. Perry

3. rivers

rivers Member

I second your thoughts Perry.

rivers

4. michmoe

michmoe TS Member

Yep,Saturday would work better for me as well..where is Edwardsburg?

5. plinker611

plinker611 Member

gonna have to look into that idea,i think i did ask that question once before and i heard "we have to work saturday" from some of our regulars,and the others said sunday was the better day,and to some it didnt matter.,it would help the club out by only shutting down the club once a month on sundays for events,instead of twice during winter,some shooters just want to shoot practice,and not happy when they cant because of events(even meat shoots),ill talk with jake and see what he thinks,in the meantime let us hear from you shooters ,we have time to switch to saturday,mark

6. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

"If you have it, they will come."

Kind of like the Field of Dreams philosophy. All the WMCC clubs do a great job and with the current shooters I don't know how much it really matters. WMCC'ers want to shoot! Day, time, location, doesn't really matter. As long as lead is coming out of the barrel it's a good day.

Matt Ski

7. cindyfenn

cindyfenn Member

Just thinking that Bloomingdale stepped up and took the 1st Sun for the WMCC circuit shooters and this will conflict all winter. They're probably the closest WMCC club to you guys???

Cindy

8. Lostbyone

Lostbyone TS Member

9. xtxt

xtxt Active Member

Becaused you asked. Why not have it after Weirs that shoots on Saturday then we could go to your club after that.Just an idea??????????? Then I could shoot them.

Don S.

10. plinker611

plinker611 Member

were committed to novembers meat shoot(turkeys & bacon for first) on the first sunday because they printed it in the news letter that came out 2 weeks ago,but what we can do is let the shooters know at that shoot that we will be changing to saturdays,witch will be posted here,and bulliten boards at club,and see how it goes,jake whe you see this call me,also,just a idea,if we changed meat shoots to 4th saturday would that be a problem?? allows us to be ready for sunday,and keeps it to one big weekend a month.mark

11. Who's next

Who's next Member

i think it's best for the club to keep the meat shoots on the frist sundays. i would say that 75% of the meat shooters are not calcutta shooters at the edwardburg club. for some reason satuday shoots just don't do well other than weirs. then again this is only what i think. Rick K.

12. Ol Faithful

Ol Faithful Member

I agree with Rick Ski -- Most shooters after Weir's, for the most part, are

done for the day or will shoot sporting clays after his game shoots.

Edwardsburg club has started shooting games on Sundays instead of Saturdays &

the same for the meat shoots -- We RESPECT our long time freind & #1 promoter

of shooting sports Weir Stone who has held his game shoots every Saturday for

as long as I can remember and is the reason Edwardsburg decided NOT to have

conflicting shoots on the same day. I guess it would be nice to please

everyone but... I think it's Great that we even have this discussion - It

just shows how passionate & fortunate we are to live in an area that has so

much shooting going on! Paul.

P.S. See you at Weirs Saturday.

13. addictedtotrap

addictedtotrap Member

back up as a reminder...!!!

14. plinker611

plinker611 Member

15. addictedtotrap

addictedtotrap Member

Its this Sunday..!!!!
    Up to the top....

16. pullbangloss

I'll be there early to get signed up on the Novice list!

Up for a great meat shoot...gobble gobble!

Are you guys paying out one turkey for first or 3/4 of a turkey? Hard to keep track....LOL kidding!

Matt Ski

17. CANTWIN

CANTWIN Member

Matt

"gobble gobble"you have to quit opening doors so wide but I feel good about not slamming it shut.

hook

18. plinker611

plinker611 Member

matt glad to see your not too mad at us, hope trevor,louie,and others cooled down too,we have wmcc protection pay back to normal,(mckay didnt want to listen untill the croud got ugly, i told him they will tar and feather his ass if he changes it and the pot of tar was boilin,)
    we will be giving away whole turkeys,and thick sliced bacon for first,breakfast sausage & brats for seconds.

day starts with my slammer breakfast,at 8 am,shooting starts at 10am,will be shooting 10 bird shoots $5/man(6 shooters on the line),protections (6 teams on line, pick your partner 20 targets/team,wobble trap and wobble protections,door/swingset shoots,and if we have enough interest/time(will be after 2 pm) a 50 bird draw calcutta for $$$,got brats/peppers/onions, and my wifes world famous homemade potatoe salad for lunch after 12pm.hope to have a good turn out,and good weather for november.

as far as our survey on changing our meat shoots to saturdays goes,looks like the majority didnt want us to change,so we will be shooting the first sundays through april.thanks for all the input from the shooters,see you sunday,mark

19. pullbangloss

Mark,

If you have not figured it out yet I am never happy...unless I draw Hook in a Calcutta and all the wireless speakers work (door open).

Up again for what should be a nice day!

Matt Ski

20. CANTWIN

CANTWIN Member

Somebody has to teach Gary to keep his gun on his shoulder till the target is broke,I am that teacher.

hook

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

edwardsburg turkey shoot

trap shooting game called meat shoot