1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Edwardsburg MI 2-6-11 Meat Shoot Results w/PICS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pullbangloss, Feb 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

Well it started off to be a not so nice day but mother nature decided to quit and it turned out to be a wonderful day. There was a very large turnout today for the Super Bowl Sunday meat shoot at Edwardsburg Conservation Club in Michigan. Below are a few pics from today's "exhibition."

pullbangloss_2008_030366.jpg

Here's Big Steve with Tim S. looking towards the trap field.

pullbangloss_2008_030367.jpg

Here's Doug S. going to the truck for more back ups after Lampen asked him to shoot a protection.

pullbangloss_2008_030368.jpg

The gun racks were full today!

pullbangloss_2008_030369.jpg

The famous MLKX5 himself!

pullbangloss_2008_030370.jpg

Mark and Jake aka plinker61 and addictedtotrap. Without these guys this shoot wouldn't have been possible. I think I speak for everyone when I say "Great Job today!"

pullbangloss_2008_030371.jpg

Mark pulling one of the BIGGEST Top of the Hill shoots I've ever been a part of.

pullbangloss_2008_030372.jpg

The Schanz boys asking Rick "How do you win so many shoots?" Rick Ski aka Who's Next responds "I shoot with my boy. He is my inspiration and the back bone of our team." (I'm sure this will stir some chatter, lol.)

pullbangloss_2008_030373.jpg

Ok, I admit, the old man shot well today. Here he is, the one, the only, Mr. Meat Man aka Who's Next displaying a first place meat ticket.

pullbangloss_2008_030374.jpg

Not the best picture in the world but here is Mark and Tim with their better halfs. Boy those dogs can drink!

pullbangloss_2008_030375.jpg

Here's Todd Delp and Lampen. Mike asks "Todd, how do I become an elite trapshooter like yourself?" Todd says "Shoot with Matt Ski more. I have learned so much from him and I attribute all my success to his guidence."

Did I mention Todd never missed a target today! Did I also mention he brought his purse today and decided not to shoot!

pullbangloss_2008_030376.jpg

Contestants in the HUGE Top of the Hill shoot. 2 was high out of 5 with 1/5 second. It's a whole different ball game up there!

pullbangloss_2008_030377.jpg

After the shooting was done we had an "Animal Look a Like" contest at the bar. Here's Doug S. doing his walrus impression. He won the contest.

pullbangloss_2008_030378.jpg

Here's Vern Beasley having some gun trouble. Louie K. looking on saying "Must be an automatic."

pullbangloss_2008_030379.jpg

A tough squad! Tim C., Nick, Vern (having more gun trouble), Lee F., Louie K. and Doug S.

pullbangloss_2008_030380.jpg

Shooters on the wobble trap.

pullbangloss_2008_030381.jpg

The score sheet from one of the many 27 yard wobble protections. This one took place late in the day and included about 7 double guns due to some LOW targets. Needless to say 12/20 was high.

pullbangloss_2008_030382.jpg

And the winners who dominated the wobble protection with a 12! Tim C. and Vern B. Nice shooting??? Well, you got the meat so that's all that matters!

That about wraps up the reporting for today. Again, a big thank you to Mark, Jake, and all the volunteers! Great job!

Thanks goes out to Scott E., Lampen, and Hank for visiting us today. Wish I could say thanks to Hook and Gary but maybe next time.

Hope to see everyone back next month which should be just as good!

Matt Ski

2. pullbangloss

Here's visual evidence on the difficulty of the "Top of the Hill" shoot. Lampen and I were discussing auditions for the Top Shot show on the History Channel. I told him this would be his audition tape.

Don't think he'll be on the TV anytime soon.

(Sorry Mike)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN5VFnXtco8

Matt Ski

3. CANTWIN

CANTWIN Member

Matt

Great job I almost feel as though I was there,and I wish I had been.How on earth did you get all them Alegan boys there and did they win any meat.

Rick the way it sounds you had to hold the boy up again what would he do without his daddy.

hook

4. xtxt

xtxt Active Member

Matt

Not to rub it in but I won't see any of that white stuff till next winter. Look like a good turn out glad to see everyone

Don S.

5. pullbangloss

Hook,

It's easy to get the Allegan boys down this way. One word...beer.

I think everyone went away with some meat yesterday. Hank got a turkey, the Schanz boys have enough brats to feed Allegan county and if they run low all they have to do is call Lampen and Scott. Pretty good time.

Matt Ski

6. pullbangloss

Don,

Have you met Crocodile Dundee yet?

Matt Ski

7. plinker611

plinker611 Member

nice job matt,the club would like to thank everyone that made it out to shoot yesterday,also thanks to todd for helping out ,rick for running the auction,and top of the hill shoot,and matt for taking pictures and reporting,did i also mention matt for cleaning the snow off the top of the wobble house with a few of his shots while shooting wobble protections from the 30 yd line? them low birds were tricky. we had a great time,and the club did very well.had a few hitches keeping order but we were able to keep the lines moving.(sorry louie),need ideas for meat for march??after yesterday we need to fill up the freezers,mark

8. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Since I have not been to Edwardsberg in about 20+ years, I really enjoyed the photos. Brings back a lot of memories. I dont remeber that house ( or building) on the hill but everything else looks the same, And oh yes, the bar where we had so much fun

9. pullbangloss

Hey cuban,

You 'ought to stop in sometime if your ever in the area.

Matt Ski

10. pullbangloss

One thing I forgot to mention...

Mark and Jake make some of the prettiest snow angels you will ever see! Wish I would have had my camera handy!

Matt Ski

11. addictedtotrap

addictedtotrap Member

Thanks guys for comming out and shooting...

Looking forward to the Calcutta's, all you WMCC guys that 30 yard Wobble protection is a tuff shoot.. Not sure if that is interesting to you guys or not..

Thanks to all the allegan folks for making the trip..

I think there was a rumor from the Shantz's that the price of shot was going up??

Jake

12. addictedtotrap

addictedtotrap Member

Hey Pull BANG BANG Double Gun loss,
    Well done on the reporting, I also have some pictures, will see If I can post them later..

( psst Matt, I still think its a secret you double guunned your dad TWICE in that wobble protection, I havnt told anybody though)

Jake

13. Lostbyone

Lostbyone TS Member

14. pullbangloss

Two double guns on Team Ski. Only one by me. The old man happened to get me as well.

Matt Ski

15. addictedtotrap

addictedtotrap Member

Weather on Sunday good shooting weather...:-(

16. addictedtotrap

addictedtotrap Member

Here is the group that is shooting from the "swingset"..

17. addictedtotrap

addictedtotrap Member

addictedtotrap_2010_16032.jpg

Matt giving advice

addictedtotrap_2010_16033.jpg

Full Gun Rack Its a good thing...

addictedtotrap_2010_16034.jpg

Cass county guys shootin the wooble trap

addictedtotrap_2010_16035.jpg

27 yarder thanks to Todd for helping out

addictedtotrap_2010_16036.jpg

THis is what it looks like shooting from the "swingset" I heard estimates of 60-65 yards.. I didnt have a rangefinder to determine exact yardage, but its a long way out there..
    addictedtotrap_2010_16037.jpg

Taking a break...

18. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Matt, You dont know how bad I would like to stop by. I live in Idaho now. I moved away in 1994. If I get back to Indiana to see my family I will but the last time I was on the Harley so no gun with me? Planning on driving out next time - hopefully this summer lou M

19. pullbangloss

I would say the swingset shoot is all of 65 yards! When your shooting 1300 fps, you pull the trigger, take the gun down, and then watch the target break, you know it's a long shot, lol. In fact I'm still waiting for 3 of the swingset targets to break.

Matt Ski

20. plinker611

plinker611 Member

cubin cigar,dont worry about having a gun with you,ill find you one to shoot,and we have added alot to the club since you were here last,one thing is for shure,when you get back home we will shoot,and afterwards have one of them cold beers,by the way what were they charging for beer back then?? we are up to $2 now,mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.