1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Edwardsburg Meat Shoot 3/6 Results w/ PICS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pullbangloss, Mar 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

Wow, what a crowd! I couldn't begin to tell you how many shooters came out today. It was both good and bad. But the club did it's best to make sure everyone got a chance to shoot and enjoy themselves.

Thanks go out to all the volunteers who made this possible. Jake and Mark, excellent job as always!

We shot for meat until they ran out. 50 meat prizes, gone like that! So the games turned into $ shoots. And then around 3:30 PM we decided, what the heck let's have a calcutta. 10 teams battled it out. Winners below.

Once that was done around 5:30 PM we thought, what the heck, let's have a swingset shoot! This was a classic shoot as the pictures below will state. I don't want to give out to much info so I'm sure Jake will tag on, lol.

And now for what you all have been waiting for...

[​IMG]

Here's a pic of the crowd early on in the day. You can see Bob R, Rick S, and Hank pointing to the South. I think I heard Rick say "If you go out and take a right for 5 miles there is a place that sells shot for $25 a bag." Then Hank and Bob said "Yes, we shop there all the time. It's down the road that way!"

[​IMG]

Hank, Joe, Roger, Mike, Scott, and Hayden. Otherwise known as "Team ASS." Or the Allegan Shooting Squad.

[​IMG]

A big ole Michigan thank you to Hector and Hawk for making the trip Northwards. Here are the two Indiana greats battling it out for a 1st place meat prize. Hector pulled out his Kentucky 9's and ended up chipping one to beat Hawk in the shoot off. (I think they split the 4 steaks up but the pride was what counted.)

[​IMG]

With the big crowd we got a chance to play some rummy. Not pictured is George Snellenberger who helped me out a lot yesterday! Thanks for passing all those cards my way George! I take back all the bad things I ever said about you. Kenny still doesn't like your rummy skills though.

[​IMG]

Scott and Hank shooting.

[​IMG]

Results of the 50 bird calcutta. Yes, that is Rick with a 49. But as always some young kid had to carry him.

[​IMG]

Rick, Jerry B, and Caleb. When Rick and Caleb sold on the wild card everybody but one person thought "No Way!" That one person was the buyer Jerry B. who is in the picture laughing all the way to the bank.

[​IMG]

2nd place winner Tim C and Mark. Nice shooting with a 48!

[​IMG]

3rd place winners Scott and Hawk.

And then there was the swingset shoot. Some highlights included the bidding war between Jerry and Nick. For some reason they wanted to buy me. You had to be there! Then there was the shoot off's. Nick and I tied with the high score of 4. Nick went right for the throat and decided to drag my big butt to the actual swing set itself. We ended up tying again but some how I managed to out last the young whipper snapper. It was all good in the end as he bought me so it worked out. Here are some pics from the swing set.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All and all a good day. Edwardsburg's next shoot is for Easter Hams. Stay tuned to TS.com for details!

Matt Ski

2. CANTWIN

CANTWIN Member

Matt

Nice job it looks like I missed a good one.Maybe next time you will invite me and Gary.

hook

3. pullbangloss

Hook,

Now you know your welcome anytime. As long as a K-gunner brings a partner who shoots a P-gun there shouldn't be any issues.

See ya Sunday.

Matt Ski

4. MLKX5

MLKX5 TS Member

It was a good time, thanks for having team ASS down and taking all of my money.

Eddie, my kids are hungry and want some steak, when is dinner?

Matt, that is a good one, how long did it take you to come up with that?

Mike

5. CANTWIN

CANTWIN Member

Steve

Where is the Gun River report.

hook

6. rivers

rivers Member

Matt,

I'd have to say that DoubleTrouble's photography apprenticeship that Rick is going thru seems to be paying off. He followed the photo protocol in the "Card Game" photo like a professional.

*He staged the photo by providing the playing cards- Classic

**Everyone within the photo looked relaxed and not setup- Classic

***He even got everyones best side in the photo.....even yours- He's a natural!

Steve your program is incredible!

7. pullbangloss

Well I forgot to mention Doc and Eddy will be starting up their own meat market soon. Hope they didn't get pulled over on the way home, cops would think they robbed a butcher store. Man those guys were on fire.

And yes Ray, I forgot about the pictures Rick K took. Let's just say he needs a little work on his photography skills. He'll learn. Maybe Steve could take Rick under his wing and show him the way. Although he managed a few good ones there were more bad than good.

Matt Ski

8. Lostbyone

Lostbyone TS Member

9. addictedtotrap

addictedtotrap Member

Nice reporting Matt,
    Yes it was a good day...
    trying to shoot from the swingset or ON it as the case was was interesting, just watching some of the folks get up there was entertaining all on its own...
    When yours truly was trying to get up there, I think I heard somebody say" better tie the other end of that swingset to a truck, so it dont tip over"..

It is always great to have folks from all over and the A.S.S team ( oh wait thats Team A.S.S) is always welcome back to shoot; Hook and gary are always welcome also..
    Did I mention that the A.S.S team leader ( OOps did it again sorry thats Team A.S.S) Mike ( aka MLKX5)was making side bets during the Calcutta?? He unfortunately lost them..:) thanks again Mike...:)

Thanks again go out to all the shooters that made this meat shoot a success..

Jake

10. pullbangloss

Jake,

An old Indian once told me "If you thirsty, make side bet with Mike."

Matt Ski

11. CANTWIN

CANTWIN Member

Ray

Did you get your new gun and if so how did you shoot it this last weekend.

hook

12. pullbangloss

Hook,

Ray didn't have it this Sunday. Interested to see it and welcome him to the P-gunner family.

Now when my trigger breaks I will have someone else I can go to and borrow a spring.

Matt Ski

13. plinker611

plinker611 Member

steve,yes there was that mutch snow melt we can blame the snow on jake,he cursed us by saying "looks like i wont have to snow blow tomorrow"while we were packing meat.

thanks to all that came out,and for your patience,did get some great ideas to help the shoot next time,and thanks mike for bringing a extra gun rack,jake and i will see about building another gun rack before next shoot,its been along time since we had 50-60 guns there at one time, thanks to rick,matt todd,and louie for all the help in the $$$ shoots,i say shoot for meat till 1pm,$$$$ after that,gives all a chance to win free meat,(unless doc& eddie get out of jail, for robbing the butcher shop).,mark

14. rivers

rivers Member

Hook, Matt,

Just picked her up tonight!

Looks even better in person.

Ray

15. pullbangloss

Ray,

You going over to HTCC Wed night? I bet you shoot a bunch!

Matt Ski

16. rivers

rivers Member

Matt,

If it doesn't rain, I will be over there.

Ray

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.