1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Edwardsburg cc (Mi) 2nd annual Youth trap benifit

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by plinker611, Mar 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plinker611

plinker611 Member

Its that time again,april 9th 2011,Edwardsburg C.C.,Edwardsburg Mi.will be hosting the 2nd annual youth trap benifit.,last year put $4300 into the youth program with this benifit,and with the nra grant,and member donations we were abel to keep the kids shooting for free(shells,targets,shoots,and a few guns).Our area still is running at 12%-13% unemployment,so with this benifit we keep kids shooting.our program is open to high school age & under,member or not.

Ticket price is $30/person and includes all you care to eat rib tips and chicken,and sides, all you care to drink keg beer,soft drinks,(untill drink is gone, last year 3 kegs this year we will have 5),we will have dj services by lone wolf ent. singing and dancing after the raffel. raffel cash prizes as follow,10- $50 prizes draw at irregular intervals,1-$500 prize at the half way point,and last ticket drawn will be a $1000 winner(will have to supply 1099 for any prizes awarded over $500 per the tax man SORRY will give option to split for last 2 ticket holders).club will raffle off two tickets after raffle starts, 10 numbers before half way point,and 10 numbers before last ticket drawn.will have other prizes awarded during raffle also(last year we had anything from car dealership oil changes,to ammo,to fihshing gear,to resturant gift certif.)ONLY 250 RAFFEL TICKETS SOLD

we will have admission tickets at the door(does not include raffel) for $15 ea.

this year the coach is going to take the kids to shoot registered targets. so we will be doing more things this year to raise $$$,we have figured to shoot registerd targets(we have to shoot them at a different club due to our trap feilds not meeting requirements of the ata)it will be $500 per kid to get their 1000 targets to get their average,now we have 10 kids that want to go to the next level,so we have our work cut out for us (AND WE WILL DO IT).any donations would be a big help,and a ticket purchase would be a way to do it,and a chance to win some $$$ thanks,mark jones

2. Hauckster

Hauckster TS Member

This is a great time, great food, and a great help to our youths! Last year we had a blast during the dinner/raffle and I think almost everyone walked away with a prize or a full belly. The money we raised allowed any youth who came to the club for our youth practice to shoot for free.

Like Mark was saying, this year we want to take the kids to the next level which means registering for ATA/AIM and shooting targets at a registered ATA club. We are also planning some field trips to experience sporting clays and maybe skeet. We could use all the help we can get.

Our youth trap club registration and first practice is 9AM, March 13, at ECC and we'll discuss some of the details then.

Buy a ticket and see you at the dinner!
    Coach Dave Hauck
    ECC Youth Trap Club Coach

3. ramen39

ramen39 Member

Do you have to be present to win. Question about raffle tickets only. I can't make it on that date.
    Thanks.

4. plinker611

plinker611 Member

winner does not have present to win,mark

5. addictedtotrap

addictedtotrap Member

UP for a great cause...

6. addictedtotrap

addictedtotrap Member

7. addictedtotrap

addictedtotrap Member

WOW these move down fast.. Back UP!!!

8. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

Steve,

I tried to sign up last year but they said I was too young.

This is a great time. I walked away with a nice Swith and Wesson knife last year. I think eveyone who bought a ticket won something. This year I'm going for the cash!

Matt Ski

9. plinker611

plinker611 Member

steve, doors open at 5pm,and with everything going on we dont have time for shooting.im going to do a test run on the bbq for lunch at the april ham shoot.mark

10. plinker611

plinker611 Member

will have tickets for sale at this weekends meat shoot,mark

11. plinker611

plinker611 Member

whos gonna step up and be the first to buy a ticket???,mark

12. addictedtotrap

addictedtotrap Member

back up for a good cause...

13. plinker611

plinker611 Member

14. addictedtotrap

addictedtotrap Member

Back UP.. great cause

15. Hauckster

Hauckster TS Member

Just sold my first two tickets!

16. plinker611

plinker611 Member

nice david,i sold 7 so far,hope to pick up another 10 to sell this weekend,didnt see too many sold this weekend at the meat shoot,got to talk the guys into bring their checkbooks next shoot, on a better note,i think we have 3 new shooters(and they all shoot well)coming on saturday for the first youth practice,mark

17. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

Mark,

I for one forgot to get a ticket this past Sunday. I'll catch up with you at the next shoot.

Matt Ski

18. plinker611

plinker611 Member

ill save you one matt,mark

19. plinker611

plinker611 Member

we still needto sell a bunch of tickets,will be selling them at our april ham shoot on 4-3,we do accept checks made out to edwardsburg c.c.,
    put 500 lbs of bone in split hams in the freezer for that shoot,will post a thread closer to shoot date,mark.

20. plinker611

plinker611 Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.