1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Edwards wants to avoid jail

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by grntitan, Jun 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Saw on the news where Edwards wants to avoid jail to be with his kids. No sh!t??? This is part of the problem with society. There seems to be a different Justice System for those in higher places than us. If he broke the law, unfortunately his kids should play absolutely no bearing on anything. Thats what happens when you break the law. You go to jail and your family suffers too. So why should he be any different? Because his wife died and he is their only parent now??? I hate to sound cold but tough sh!t!!! Thats why they say "If you can't do the time, don't do the crime". I'm tired of this double standard crap. If i had done the crime the courts wouldn't even be considering my kids. Geezzzz.....................

Ok i'm done venting. This crap just pisses me off!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. hrosik123

hrosik123 Member

X2 on that. Good luck Chuck Hrosik

3. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

These are the same jerks that tell us what we should do. Put the a**hole in the slamer with buba. Take wiener with him.

4. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

He had plenty of time to spend with his kids and his cancer stricken wife. Instead, he knocked up some skanky party bimbo. Oh, sure, he really should get special consideration.

5. Terry_Maiden

Terry_Maiden TS Member

He's too pretty to go to a real prison. Probably wouldn't last 1 weekend...

6. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Right-on, Matt.

The dirtbag refused the plea deal and I hope they make it stick.

-Gary

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Where was his concern for his children while he was knocking up some bimbo?

8. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

On the news last week..."They are waiting till negotiations are finished BEFORE they indict him".

WTH.... If it were you or I, we'd be indicted, then run trough the ringer! What a crock!

9. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

You all seem to forget that there are two "justice" systems in these United States. The one for most of us is spelled "The Justice System" while the other, reserved for politicians and their big money "donors" is spelled "The Just Us System".

Want to guess which one of the two Edwards is trying to use?

10. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

As I recall, Mrs. Edwards after leaving the sorry character changed her will.
    Mrs. Edwards left everything to her children. She also stipulated, in the event he was not around, the eldest daughter was to have sole custody of the children. I think the "I got to be a good daddy" ploy has no merit. JMHO J.W.

11. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Good catch Mr. Woolsey!

Ms. Edwards' filed a revised Last Will and Testament on 12-22-10. An image of the original is posted on the link above. Note that in article III daughter Cate (Catharine Elizabeth) was appointed guardian of Emma Claire and Jack the two minor childred when Ms. Edwards died.

'Got to take care of the kiddies?' Sorry John, that dog won't hunt.

sissy

12. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Don't worry about Edwards making it in prison. If they find him guilty, he'll probably go to a "White Collar" prison. The kind where they don't want you to jump the hedges, not the wall or fence. Probably 6 months to 1 year, he'll work on a book, make some new contacts and serve another 2 to 3 years on non-reporting probation with about 50 to 100 hours of community service.

It won't be a life changing event.

John E.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.