1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Edwards 2012 ATA Winter Chain

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, Programs & Results' started by eafbtrapper, Apr 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eafbtrapper

eafbtrapper TS Member

Edwards AFB is hosting the last Winter Chain for this year's California series. Shoot will be held Saturday and Sunday 19-20 May. Program will include 200 singles and 100 doubles on Saturday. Two - 100 bird handicap events on Sunday. Shooting starts at 0930 each day.

If you do not have a US Military issued ID, you must preregister with the Edwards Rod and Gun Activity to get access to the ranges on base. Edwards Rod and Gun Activity - (661) 275-TRAP

Please call for Base access and to pre-squad. You will need a government issued ID (State driver's license, military ID or US Passport) to access the shooting range located on Edwards Air Force Base. Current car registration and proof of insurance are required to drive on Edwards AFB.

For more information and to register: Phone: (661) 275-TRAP

Please PM for additional email addresses and phone numbers
  2. In plain view

In plain view Member

Need directions coming from San Bernardino. Thanks. Bob
  3. eafbtrapper

eafbtrapper TS Member

The best way to enter Edwards Air Force Base and get access to the range is via Highway 14 North from Lancast/Palmdale. Take the Rosamond Blvd exit, east. After travelling through Rosamond, approximately three to five miles, you will enter the Base, large welcome sign. The guard gate is about 10 miles further east. The range is the first right turn after entering the base.

This Saturday, 6 May, Edwards does have an ATA event scheduled. Good chance to warmup and get familiar with the range.
  4. BILLMC

BILLMC Member

5. snglfoot

snglfoot Member

6. grunt

grunt Active Member

7. eafbtrapper

eafbtrapper TS Member

"Big 50s" are shot on Thursday. If you come out and shoot on 17 May, make sure you get a pass good through the weekend. That will grately simplify getting on base Saturday and Sunday morning. Renee can get your name to the proper access list. Give her a call (661) 275-TRAP
  8. eafbtrapper

eafbtrapper TS Member

I was asked how many traps will be used. Depending on the number of shooters, we have four traps to use with Canterbury Voice Release. Normal plan is to shot 25 birds per trap and shoot over four traps. As needed we will modify the program.
  9. eafbtrapper

eafbtrapper TS Member

Wind was calm, weather was beautiful today. Targets on Trap 6 were perfect. That field has the newest of the Pat Traps we use.
    The targets planned to be shot are the standard White Flyer Orange Dome. Have not gone to bio yet.
  10. eafbtrapper

eafbtrapper TS Member

Bob, yes the current plan is to shoot 200 Singles and 100 Doubles on Saturday. If you can get a squad that wants to shoot more doubles on Saturday, there is a great chance we can accomodate. Cost would be $20 per hundred. Field 6 throws execellent doubles. I would like to shoot more doubles.
  11. 1dudley

1dudley Member

Shot trap at Edwards from 78 to 85. Best background I ever saw. Most of the people I shot with were much older and I'm sure they are now shooting in greener pastures. Wish I could make this shoot but now shoot on the east cost. Good shooting all. Doug Lewis
  12. eafbtrapper

eafbtrapper TS Member

Presquading and base access information is still being collected. Get your name to Renee, (661) 275-TRAP

Shooting is scheduled to begin at 0930 both days. Singles will be the first event on Saturday. The special award for shooting your first 200 straight in the singles event is still in work. I was told "Trust me, the check is in the mail"

Should be a nice award and we are trying to keep it for all our 200 bird singles events. We are hoping to add a similiar award for first time 100 straights in doubles.
  13. eafbtrapper

eafbtrapper TS Member

In response to an IM, very few shells are available at the range. Outdoor Recreation, the government entity which runs the range, has one option for shell at $8 per box. The members are working with the range to get a better selection at an improved price. Wont be fixed for this shoot.
  14. eafbtrapper

eafbtrapper TS Member

To clarify the statement "The special award for shooting your first 200 straight in the singles event"

This award is for a shooter who shooters their first ever 200 straight in singles. Or to put it another way, for earning your 200 singles leg in your grand slam. If you have previously shot a 200 straight in ATA competition, this award is not for you.

Donations of an award for anyone shooting a 200 straight would be welcome.
  15. eafbtrapper

eafbtrapper TS Member

When the wind is calm the target are great.
    Should be a nice day.
    If you have questions give Renee a call for access.
  16. eafbtrapper

eafbtrapper TS Member

Edwards weather shows the winds to be:

AM: LGT/VRB 5
    PM: WSW 15G22

Light and variable is great for Edwards. Shoot early for the best targets.
  17. grunt

grunt Active Member

18. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Active Member

Grunt, do you remember the black clouds of smoked targets when EAFB threw all black targets? I shot my first registered ATA targets there May 10, 1970! That day was also the first ever registered ATA targets thrown at EAFB.

Great place to shoot targets!!

Hap
  19. grunt

grunt Active Member

Hap, Sure do. If Edwards wasnt a two hour drive Id still shoot there. Ive driven by the club when Ive been on base. Looks nice. Dave
  20. eafbtrapper

eafbtrapper TS Member

Great day of shooting. Scores were high.

200 Singles

Steve Williamson AA 199

Jimmy Neal A 197

Oli Winheim B 194

100 Doubles

Steve Williamson A 97

Robin Bare C 91

Robin ran the back 100 in singles really putting on the pressure.
    Steve wanted to see how much dust he could get off a target without a visible chip. All on the squad and the scorer loved the dusting cloud but no chips for a fine 199.

Plan to start shooting at 0930 Sunday. If you signed up and have not paid, posts will start being freed up at 915.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.