1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

editorial let the buyer beware

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Doug Briggs, Mar 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doug Briggs

Doug Briggs TS Member

0   0   0

There have been some transactions on this site that have not gone well, even to the point of name calling. If you choose to do business with someone you have never met who is a great distance from you, you must be prepared that the barriers of time, distance, communication, and lack of relationship may result in the inability to resolve a dispute.

A wise man taught me an invaluable lesson. Never buy a gun,refrigerator,bicycle,(insert item), from someone you cannot punch in the nose.

I have never been dissapointed when I have obeyed this lesson. That does not mean a dispute was always resolved peacefully, but it was resolved.

When I have disobeyed this lesson, there have been times when I was left with no choice but to accept I got screwed and move on.

TS.com does have the advantage of being able to bring peer pressure that other sites don't (Ebay, ect.). But this does not absolve the participants in a business transaction made on the internet from being aware of the inherent difficulties that accompany these deals.

There is a really cool latin term for this but I can't spell it.

Remember I titled this thread EDITORIAL. That means it is my OPINION. I do NOT present it as FACT. Please respond accordingly.

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

0   0   0

I agree.

The internet is not an electronic Mayberry, USA. Even the real world isn't.

3. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Caveat Emptor. Let the buyer beware.

4. Doug Briggs

Doug Briggs TS Member

0   0   0

Thank you Bulge. You are a scholar and a gentleman.

5. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I have never had a problem when I sold something on this site ... because I always make sure it is better that what I describe!

I have not had a problem when buying ... I get that person's phone number and make a phone call. If something doesn't sound right, I don't buy.

Most sellers will give you an honest description when you make the effort to call them. Remember, a phone call is much cheaper than shipping the item back to the seller ... if you decide not to buy it!

Werks fer me!

6. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Holy jeepers Doug! Bulger will never get a hat on his head again! Gentleman and scholar both?? WOW!! You obviously don't know him. LOL, All in good fun, and yes he's a good guy. Sometimes.

7. Doug Briggs

Doug Briggs TS Member

0   0   0

Bob you are right. I do not know Bulge. But anyone who knows at least a little latin must have some redeeming qualities, right? I'll bet he even puts his fifty cents in the honor pop refrigerator.

8. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

0   0   0

Before I'd send someone $7000 for a Perazzi, I'd hop on a plane and do the deal in person.

I've bought a ton of stuff on ebay, but never for more than $100.

I KNOW everybody is out to get me :)

9. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Doug, I take my integrity seriously. I always pay as I go whether someone is looking or not. Unlike this damn Government we now have. LOL, Bulge.

10. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

0   0   0

But I always enjoy hearing from those who buy and cry...

11. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Sometimes a little patience goes a long way! That said I have not been burned on here yet buying or selling,and I have sent many items before I had the money in hand.

12. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

This is not e bay by a long shot we are much smaller and all share a common sport if in doubt post a question about the seller you will usually get a few responses as to the sellers character and transactions made by him. I understand what new members are leery of but I have been so happy with this lists transactions it has been a joy and the friends I made over the years has been an added bonus.

13. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

0   0   0

You have conveyed your thoughts well Doug but I would prefer to take a few risks on people having good intentions rather than always keeping my guard up. So far it has worked out okay for me and especially on this site. Maybe I have a neon 'sucker' sign on my forehead and only luck/karma protects me from the scammers, who knows. For what its worth, I'm what you would call a small town hick so I get what you are saying about knowing the people you deal with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.