1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

EDENPURE HEATERS

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by KEYBEAR, Dec 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Anyone use one ? I,m thinking about trying it for a little savings .

2. kriegazzi

kriegazzi TS Member

ALF, I have a Sunheat unit which I believe is the same type of heater. This is the 2nd winter I have used it and it does a great job. Don't know how much money it saves but it does a wonderful job. Good for the old bones!

3. Old Fowler

Old Fowler TS Member

Alf:

We use an EdenPure model 1000 and it works great. I set my furnace thermostat to 70 degrees and allow the furnace to cycle once in order to get the temp up to 70 or a little higher. I then turn the EP heater up as far as it will go (all incremental lights on control panel are on) and the furnace doesn't run the rest of the evening. During this time, (6 to 8 hours) the EP maintains a constant, comfortable 70 degree temperature in the living room, dining room and kitchen. With only the EP heater running, the upstairs rooms (we have a quad-level) are always a little cooler but never fall below about 68 degrees so I'm sure some of the heat goes up the stairs into the hallway and rooms. The downstairs family room, laundry room, and bath, however, do not receive any heat from the EP which is running one floor up, so without the furnace running, gets pretty cold down there. Although we don't use the lower-level rooms very often, I may get the smaller model 500 for that area then some of that heat will migrate upward to the next floor as well. Am wondering, however, if running a second EP will gobble up most of our cost savings?? Each month I compare gas and electrical consumption to both the previous month and the same month the previous year and, in every instance, have saved significant $ since we began using the model 1000 EdenPure in the manner I've described. Get one, you can't go wrong.

Cliff Schultz

4. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Please explain some about the Eden Pure and th other brands mentioned. How do they work, what makes them different from one another and why are they efficient? Any other information? Thanks

5. birddog1964

birddog1964 TS Member

I have a EP and love it, dropped my heat bill by 50%. Stay way from the {I heater} several people have had problem with the fans.

thanks
    lee

6. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

I think i will try one . I live in north central Indiana and it does get cold . I heat with LP-gas got a 90 plus Furnace that works well . My LP-gas bill for most all years heating and cooking is around $1,100.00 for all year . We keep the house 73 day and 70 at night . It,s just the wife and i and we spend most of our time in the living room . So if I can turn the heat down to say 70 and use the Edenpure in the main room it may help . The Edenpure is around $450 bucks ??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

edenpure heater does not cycle

eden pure heater does not cycle