1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

eden pure heaters

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by 64special, Dec 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 64special

64special TS Member

Anyone buy one of these heaters and do they work or just use a lot of electricity? Thanks for any imput.

2. shelly

shelly TS Member

They use exactly the same amount of electricity as any other electric space heater which puts out the same amount of BTUs. Per BTU, electric is the most expensive heat available, but you get what you pay for. LOL

3. BenelliM2

BenelliM2 TS Member

The store I work at sells them,my boss did the math and I believe it cost about 10 cents an hour ($2.40 a day) to run them. They are more expensive because they are safer the heat is radiant not a metal coil. Basic model=$297.00

4. ntgr8

ntgr8 Member

Elect cost is $.o8 - $.12 per KWH (kilowatt hour) Your cost is on your elect bill.If your rate is $.10 per kwh a 1800 watt heater will cost $.18 per hr to operate, $4.32 per day. The heater will be on and off during the 24 hour period (thermostat) so the actual cost will be less than $4.32. The amount of heat you get is 3.?? btu's per watt regardless of what brand of heater. A watt is a watt.

5. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

There is a shooter here that frequents this site. He is in the Hardware store business and sells them. He might be able to help you if you. His sign-on is captainsmoke. PM me if you can't get ahold of him.

6. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

It was like having and extra bill added on to your regular bill.Big joke.

7. powderburn

powderburn Member

Hi!
    We have a one car garage that we wanted to heat b/c of keeping pets out there. We bought the plain jane model w/ plastic casing. No matter what outlet we tried, it set our breakers off after not even coming up to temp. Took it back. They suck up alot of amps. You'll need to make sure its got its own circuit. Too much hassle for us to install a circuit dedicated to this machine.

8. MikeGrahn

MikeGrahn Member

They say you can cut your heating bill in half. One heater=1/2 bill, two heaters=no bill? I may be missing something.

9. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Some of the math may be a little fuzzy here. Thye do n ot run 24 hours a dayand electricity is cheap some places while high others. It will also depend on which unit you buy. The new Gen 4 unit has three quartz bulbs and uses less electricity than the Gen 3 but still these units are not made to replace your other heating source. Just a helping hand for about 1.00 a day in central Illinois.

10. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Buy a cheap space heater, keep it by you.

11. GW22

GW22 Active Member

They are absolutely EXCELLENT. Especially if you've never taken a class in thermodynamics or math.

-Gary

12. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Basic model = $297. Turn up th thermostat enough to add $10 a month and you'll have 29 months paid for. Even if you run heat 6 months a year thats 4.83 yrs of extra heat. Will the unit last that long with out wearing out, getting damaged or getting lost?

13. shelly

shelly TS Member

While there is some use for electric space heaters it makes no sense to pay $297 for one when you can get one that puts out the same heat for less than $50- much less. To the person who thinks that the gen 4 is more efficient than the gen 3, all I can say is- pay attention to the facts, not the bs.

14. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Sheely what are the facts? I am basing it off the fact it only has three bulbs and the Gen 3 has 6. If you know more about them let us all know. That is what this thread is about.

15. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

well not going to get into power issue . I have one and it works, didnt pay that much but one thing it does that most dont it has a filter and does a very good job . have to clean it about every 2 weeks or heater will shut down.
    I can tell when I use it there is very little dust to wright my name in
    would be a good unit to put in computer room

16. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

I bought an Eden Pure heater for $297 this fall. Since I burn firewood, I wanted a supplemental heat source to provide just enough heat to take the chill off until it got colder. The end result was an extremely small increase in the amount of electricity used over that period (a month) and a big savings in firewood. I now plan to do the same thing in the spring. Mine even has a remote control that I think is a plus.

Thanks,

Jon Reitz

17. RLC323

RLC323 Member

I believe most of us realize that these type electric heaters are not "magic" regardless of what the sales and advertising folks tell us. The best use for them is quick, portable heat for a chilly area. My parents heat their well insulated large old farm house with a propane fired boiler, hot water baseboard heat. Sometimes if the wind is strong and it gets drafty in their living room they supplement their furnace with one of these floor space heaters. They did not buy it with the intention of saving a fortune, they got it to make it 75 degrees in the living room, or wherever they move it to, when the rest of the house is 70. It takes the chill off a room and warms the bones.

I would rather have them plug that heater in to warm up than worry about them having a woodstove to tend.

18. shelly

shelly TS Member

OK, Bad, since you're too lazy to do your own research, I did it for you. Took nearly 30 seconds. Check out the above URL. Watts is the only thing that matters, not how many damn light bulbs the thing has. Waste your money on an expensive heater if you want, but don't claim that it's more efficient.

It never ceases to amaze me how gullible people can be.

19. GW22

GW22 Active Member

That reminds me -- I'm running a sale on cryogenically treated shotgun barrels.

-Gary

20. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Thanks Shelly and Merry Christams to you too. Been called a lot of things but lazy has never been one of them. My heat pump and wood fireplace with blowers heat my house fine. But i assume there are some others here that will find this info helpful. You are a true asset to this forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.