1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ed Y-- TM9X

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by wlc, Oct 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wlc

wlc Member

I saw in another thread that you had a TM9X, I would like to know your opinions on it. How is the weight and balance compared to other Perazzi singles such as the MX 10 etc. Is the Precision trigger for the TM9 the same as the TM1?
    Interested in thoughts from anyone else also.

Thanks

2. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I played with both at the GRAND this year.. I found it to be a mirror of the TM series of earlier years.. but Dan tells me the trigger is much improved..I can see how wood could really change an answer.. I think in a BLINDFOLD TEST.. same measurements.. same weight wood.. one would be hard pressed to feel a difference.. Very similar..

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

This months issue of TrapShootingUsa has pics of Ray Stafford w/ a TM-9, and he has a precision trigger in it, so they must make something that'll fit in that gun.

4. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

I think that they're lighter up front, could be because of the overbored barrel. I think that the .032 factory choke is at least as good as Tom Wilkinsons work. Since I've gotten mine I've broken 7 100s with it. Anyone that knows me knows that that's about 2 years worth in only 3 months. My most recent gun was a TM-1. serial # 396 which I've been shooting since I bought it new, way back when so I can assure you that there is a difference. A standard Precision TM-1 trigger will have to be modified in order to fit, also the tiny screw that holds the safety spring will have to be replaced with an even smaller one, which Jim Cooms will supply. I also had to remove a tiny bit of the right edge on the release hook in order for it to clear that tiny bolt. I'm pretty sure that the newer Precision triggers are being made with the new style springs and will work even better. Jim updated mine and I'm eager to see how long the new style spring lasts.

Ed Yanchok

5. Champion II

Champion II Active Member

Ed, Is the over bore .740??? What is your opinion of the new stock profile?? as say compared to a mx10???? I see Ray stafford has added a front weight on the front of the forearm have you had to do that?? Thanks for the information and ..Good Shooting.

6. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Don't any of you guys know how to post pictures?

7. Ed Y

The stock that came with it was way too short for me, I'm 6'7" with 38" sleeves. I had a stock that I had made years ago, for a TM-X, that was long enough but I had to install an adjustable comb to get it up higher. The new wood pretty much matches the SC2 wood that came with it. I'll try to get some pictures on here tomorrow.

Ed Yanchok

8. Champion II

Champion II Active Member

Ed, Have you had to add any weight to the front as Ray did?? thank you

9. Ed Y

No added weight, front or rear. This gun points better than any that I have ever owned. I have never adjusted the rib. Could probably jack it up a little in the back but why mess with success. It's set as it came from the factory, as low as it will go. I see a little rib between the beads and it shoots right where I look.

Ed Yanchok

10. wlc

wlc Member

Thanks Ed, sure sounds like yours works well for you.

11. Squeal

Squeal Member

I seen and held Ray Staffords TMX9 at a shoot in Vernal Utah. I am no Perazzi expert, but that is one sweet looking gun. Rays a nice guy, he let everybody play with it.

12. Ed Y

[​IMG]

I hope that these pictures properly show what I was trying to discribe. Any questions?

Ed Yanchok

13. Ed Y

Bolt replacement

14. Ed Y

Picture showing new type hammer spring

15. Ed Y

starboard side

16. JACK

Very neat Ed. I lvoe the "Tech tip"

17. JACK

Ed. I can see the cosmetic difference between the new TM9 stock and your adapted TMX stock. But they appear to be quite the same dimensionally. What is it that made yo make the switch?

And about the new custom spring in the trigger. Why is that?

18. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Mia,

You've had one too many glasses of wine :)
    That TMX stock is a bit longer....no doubt about it. The one off of the TM9 is a beauty for factory P wood.

Rick in Mt.

19. Ed Y

This is Jims new style spring (without a pin on the side). This style can be used in the TM or on either side of his MX triggers.

Ed Yanchok

20. JACK

Ric. ah yes, confused I was... I was lookkig at the configuration and never thought to look at the lop. Perazzi has new designs and I wondered why he might have chosen not to use the stock that came on the gun.

TMX stocks hav ebeen altered since they came down the pike. Few look original and many do not look like anthing a guy can use. If a guy wants to get back to original, he can buy this new stock of mine. It is 14.5, cast off for a righty, 1-3/8" drop. Nice item fo rsure. Hre is t3wo views

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This stock has been fitted to my TMX and my TM1 Special. So, it should bolt right on.

Jack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.