1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ed (Skip) Bierstine has passed

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by puablo, Aug 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Ed(Skip) Bierstine, a great guy and longtime trapshooter from NY died Friday,Aug.24 ... Ed valiantly fought cancer for the last few years and passed at home with his family by his side. Ed lived life to the fullest. He played with the Jimmy Sturr Band for 30 years and was one of the founding members of the band. Ed played piano, bass guitar and accordion for the orchestra. Ed loved fishing and hunting, going on many hunts and fishing trips to Canada and Saskatchewan, but I think his main love in sports was trapshooting. Ed was an ATA life member and shot NY, Conn, NJ, and PA mainly. One of Skip's favorite moments in trap was when he won the Blaser combo shotgun at the NYS shoot last year. He was walking on air for a long time after that! Ed was a true gentleman in every respect, and well liked by everyone. We sure will miss your smiling face at the shoots, Ed...Rest in Peace. Jeff Philipbar

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear the loss of your good shooting buddy...my prayers to all his family and friends

3. k-gunguy

k-gunguy Member

A nicer man you would be hard pressed to find,always smiling I will personally miss him.
    Glenn Zimmerman

4. jake boy

jake boy Member

RIP my friend it was an honor to know you!

5. plabels466

plabels466 Member

Jeff, so sad to hear about Ed..... I remember him when he started shooting with his father back in the 1970s.....Nice people both of them.....Pete LaBella

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

jimmy sturr bierstine