1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ED HALEY QUESTION

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Trap2, Oct 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

I'm looking for any information on Ed Haley, out of Oregon, who refinishes stocks. I would like to hear from someone who has dealt with him on a first hand basis. Please PM me if you want, or call me at 707.499.7591. I also would like to talk to someone that has had "Stocker John", also out of Oregon, refinish their stock. I have a Perazzi stock that needs a going over... Thanks, Dan Thome (Trap2)

2. Remsteel

Remsteel TS Member

Ed is located in Plymouth, WA....just accross the river from Oregon, and does excellent work at reasonable prices. I have had 5 pads fitted and a couple adjustble combs installed. The finish on the underside of the comb and the top of the cutout is sealed and is as smooth and perfect as the top. The metal/wood fit is superb. You won't be dissapointed.....Larry Stewart

3. ultramag338

ultramag338 Member

Ed is a great guy and I have had him do work for me along with Larry. Top notch guy, my bet is Ed will see this and PM you his number. I highly recommend him as a gunsmith in all aspects. Corey Ashbeck

4. Bill Roberts

Bill Roberts Active Member

I too have used Ed Haley for a couple of years with all types of work. He does great work and I have never had a problem.

Bill Roberts

5. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

I had Ed refinish the stock/forearm on one of my Model 12's. The forend had been damaged. Ed repaired the forearm and refinished the wood and did a great job. Ed

6. pilotdan

pilotdan Member

Dan- You can't go wrong with Ed. He is also doing work on the Bill Cole guns as well. He fixed my trigger for me and is helping me out with a rib issue. His number is 541-314-5369.

Regards,
    Dan Maloy(formerly of Sacramento)

7. slugbug1

slugbug1 Member

Ed put a high gloss finish on my 4 barrel grade VII Browning and it was beautifully done. Talked to him on the phone during the work, and several times after. Great guy and a master craftsman! Gary L.

8. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Dan, I have a friend who has several guns Ed did. They are flawless in workmanship

9. mx8dave

mx8dave Member

Ed Haley can work magic on wood ,,I saw some old stocks someone sent him ,,they would have made good kindling,,but, Ed completely restored them to like new,,,He is also a great smith and as honest as they come ,,,I tell him he don't charge enought for what he does ,,,,D. Lang

10. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Thank you all for some great information. I appreciate your thoughts and input... Dan

11. daydreamer1

daydreamer1 TS Member

trap2 sent you a pm but i have no problem singing the praises ofed haley. ed is the best, and i have had many guns worked on by others and ed is just the best

12. shamlin

shamlin Member

Ed has worked on numerous guns for me the past year. I live way down here in Florida and I still send him my stuff. He worked on my sons 686 and laser engraved it and it looks unbelievable! We get a ton of comments on the stock. I wouldn't hesitate to send him any of your high dollar stuff; it will only end up being worth more when he gets done with it.

13. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I have built a good friendship with Ed becasue of our dealins in Perazzi stuff.

He is a gentleman.

Whiz White

14. cdan12

cdan12 TS Member

Ed is a miracle worker ,fixed a lc smith speciality grade for me that was a basket case ,repairs were invisable and refinish was as good as new. Dan Witcher

15. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Ed....good to see your name again at this site. I've not forgotton about sending off that Cole barrel for a stuck choke removal; just been fixin stuff around the home that had piled up.

David in L.A.

16. checker

checker Member

I just bought a used Cole SBT....I had numerous questions and was rather aprehensive concering the new "Cole guy".....after an hr + of his time, 10 minuites would have covered everything. There is no doubt Ed Haley is not only a superb gunsmith and person, he has that inner desire to do everything with perfection as the ultimate goal....it's easy to please the customer when it's very hard for Ed to please himself. He is a role model.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.