1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

economy

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by gun fitter, Mar 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Just wondering with all the talk about the economy. Who out there has lost their homes. I want real first person accounts not my third niec twice removd stories.

Is it really that bad or a bunch of noise.

Joe

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

In our state it's easy to figure out. Foreclosures have to have the notice published 3 times before the sherrif's sale.

I watched our loal paper go to a full page, then a page and a half, and then 2, etc.

There have been 4 full pages of foreclosure notices for the lat 3 months. When it becomes less will not be a sign of improvement, either, since those folks will not be moving into new homes.

Usury and Greed have taken us down. along with liberal stupidity.

HM

3. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

So it's pretty good for the trap shooting group!

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Yes, as long as you keep your job...............

HM

5. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Or get out and get a new one.

6. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

gun fitter

New house or new job? Houses are easy jobs here anyway 13% unemployed jobs are not. Worked all my life with the exception of a two year temp to temp peroid.

This time is way different. I went with the schooling to get new job skills offered by the OJFS for displaced workers(I is gonna be a puter whiz (sorry Jim). It was fine until they found out I was as old as I was. We cannot do it because of the cost to do it in conjunction with the few years you have to work before retirement.

My response to that was "I plan on working until I die as my life savings and my 401K and personal retirement account are gone with the wind".

I then asked "Is this age discrimination" and Oh no just not economical for the state. I answered when has sensibility ever stopped state spending of my money?

Rock

Jim

7. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

Vacationing in Florida, wife saw an article that said in Lehigh Acres, up by Ft. Myers, only 8% of home sales last month were other than by forclosure. Lots of condo developments totally empty and lots more for sale for half or less than they were a year ago. Lots of houses with "forclosure" signs out in front.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.