1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

economics the laffer curve

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Big Az Al, Nov 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ayad5mbSSrU#!

this is what many have been saying for years,

Al

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

"Charge it...we owe it to ourselves, anyway."

3. pretzel

pretzel TS Member

I think we have hit the tax rate that starts hurting incentive in America. The unemployment numbers pretty well prove that. But the dims. cant see that.

4. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

From Investor's Business Daily...

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Dimocrats do not know the difference between "maximizing" and "optimizing".

You can find out the difference quickly when you reload rifle shells. Or when you fill up your pickup with firewood.

I hope I'm around to see the train wreck, and I feel so sorry for my Grandchildren.

HM

6. MilCon

MilCon Member

I was just reviewing an Econ book that is to be used next year at UNC and Duke.
    The Laffer curve has been adjusted to reflect a 47% tax rate before revenue falls off.

Just kidding!

7. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Click.

8. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Yeah we need to raise the taxes and just keep spending sh#$ we can just look at Europe and see how great it's working, let's do the same thing

And while we're at it why don't we shoot ourselves in the foot some more

9. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

And you don't, Rick? A little out of context?

10. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

11. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

Rick, your laffer curve presentation is highly biased, hypothetical and highly conroversial bs.
    The part about all the money Reagan brought in just isn't right. Reagan turned us into the world's largest debtor nation.

12. johnboy

johnboy Member

Since recorded time no nation has incurred more debt than the present day U.S. When will we come to the realization that all this stuff our elected officals have promised us we can no longer afford?

13. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Never, johnboy, never- there are too many looters addicted to their loot.

14. 548

548 Guest

Click the link. It is the biggest and least talked about culprit.

15. 548

548 Guest

That is a nice dramatic picture Rick, but let's not forget the August 6th, 2001 presidential daily brief that gave Bush everything but the flight numbers.

Secondly, what did the war in Iraq have to do with those planes? And where are those WMD's?

16. bluedevil

bluedevil Active Member

Why don't you ask the 100,000 Kurds murdered with gas about WMD? They had em, where they hid em is the question, remember you can watch Hillary telling us "her people confimed WMD's", all there with the help of Google, same with Feinstein, and Reid. Rember also Madoff fooled the smartest people on the planet for years, it must be easy to fool the public. Somebody has those WMD's somewhere. I agree though that we should have taken care of Afghanistan first and then used Iraq against Iran in a smarter way. Let em kill each other. It is a mess for sure.

17. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

The purpose of taxes in our present age has nothing to do with revenue raising. Taxes today are about control and destruction of human potential. Taxes destroy those they are stolen from and those they are given to. A-hole leftists like Obama couldn't care less about the Laffer curve. It's destruction they are after and taxes are simply a means to that end.

18. crusha

crusha TS Member

Talk of the cost of the war is interesting Monday-morning quarterbacking of what happened in last week's football game, but has nothing to do with this week's game.

The I.O.U. is there, and what are we going to do now?

More stimulus spending isn't going to fix it...and that's what the Democrats want.

It's like a married couple who are in foreclosure on their home, and the wife says, "You got your bassboat last year, so g-dammit, I want a new kitchen."

548, midalake, and the democrats who carry the water for Obama's stimulus plan are still trying to get their kitchen, apparently. (Keep bitching about the bass boat, girls...that'll fix it).

19. schwabby

schwabby Member

Dear Hateful children, it is called Keynesian economics. It's nothing new. It has existed long prior to Voodoo Economics, and has predicted the course of the Bush Financial Crisis with astounding accuracy, which is the gold standard test of a model. Check out the US' recovery slope vs the proponents of austerity measures.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.