1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Economics Professor...Global Dollar Crisis

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by crusha, Nov 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crusha

crusha TS Member

I thought this was interesting. It's a take on the current "Dollar Crisis" in the globalized economy, from the point of view of another country. I must warn you, some time commitment is required, as the video is 56~57 minutes long...(I don't even watch TV, so I hit the play button right before getting on the stepper to work out, otherwise I couldn't sit through something like this).

One other caveat, the professor is from India, so the English is rough (if you went to Engineering school and are used to listening to hour-long lectures by people with broken English, then it's like re-living your childhood, but nonetheless, not the best).

He talks about how the US has become indebted to "poor" countries like China and India, and what it means for the long-term stability of the Dollar and the world economy. It's not anti-American by any means; they guy sounds concerned about where we're headed and what it means for other countries.

If you have an open mind, and want one view on where we're going & what to do about it, this guy is an interesting listen. Not happy or uplifting, but interesting.

2. nipper

nipper TS Member

remember about 3-4 months ago, i stated to invest in gold, and some on here said --yea right, get a life etc, etc,

Bill

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Last year many here thought I was off key.

I wish I had been.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.