1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Eclipse Trap loads

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by PhillyD, Oct 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhillyD

PhillyD Member

Came across some Eclipse Trap Loads. Is there any value in these shells because of there age? Maybe I should keep them because down the road they might be collectable? Or should I shoot them up. Thanks ..Philly D

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Eclipse targets were quite popular in the Bay Area of California during the '70s due to a very fine distributor. I don't know how to date the shot shells but I assume they were from the same company....breakemall....Bob Dodd

3. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

It was the same company. Mike Elton at Golden West Ind ran the shell machines.

4. DeVille

DeVille Member

I was able to shoot these shells when Larry Meash, (sorry Larry if I spelled your last name wrong)had a lot to do with the company. I had a 98 in the preliminary Handicap on Saturday, at one of the Golden West Grands, which was one of the highest scores that week and made some pretty good money. It also moved me to the 27 yard line for the first time. I shot the red shell, (3 Dr. 8,s). They were one of the softest shells that I ever shot. They did have a tendency to blow in half. I have 2 boxes of the green ones put away as collectors items. Dex

5. PhillyD

PhillyD Member

Thanks for the history on the shells. But my question is still not answered. Are they worth saving because they could be collectable or should I shoot them up. They are the 3 dram red shells. thanks Philly D

6. lumper

lumper TS Member

Shoot the dang things and be done with it ... that is why they were made ... to be shot.

7. bobby ward

bobby ward Member

PhilyD,

I have a question. What color are they? I am pretty sure they were made in 3 colors, Orange, Red and Green plastic tubes. IF you have the original box and it is in good condition I am sure it would be worth something. If you are so inclined I would like to buy them just for the nostalgia. Several guys at the local club used to shoot them and I would just like to have them for my collection.

Contact me directly if you want

Thanks! Bobby Ward

8. Harley Lekvold

Harley Lekvold TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have several thousand wads left for reloading the Eclipse Hulls. They did take their own wad which was very tapered. They were good for reloading but you had to check them for potential failure after each use. The side would split or the primer pocket would split. I have reloaded some of the hulls up to five times.

9. mike b.

mike b. Member

Depends upon how many you have and how much they cost. At one time I had 30 (twenty box) cases in my garage. Now I have one box of browns and two boxes of greens in my collector bin. I doubt any of us will live long enough to realize any great value in these!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.