1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

EC Caught? , now cleaning house ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by k8027AA, Aug 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k8027AA

k8027AA TS Member

Why is EC cleaning house, did they get caught with something? Did they not vote this guy office and now questioning him? Lets really hear why they don't want him in office. Who is hidding what? As always shit happens when someone new dont play along!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe the ATA needs new blood and get rid of this way of political garbage or non elected office. We need a true election of officers, no more follow up the ladder bull-shit. We the members of the ATA organization should demand that all officers should be elected by good standing members at the GRAND for a real election.

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Round'em up!!!!

3. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

We need a complete audit of all books including expenses, expense accounts,credit cards, gifts given to Officers and directors. All officers and directors should be VOTED in by members of the ATA. Any and all changes in bi- laws that effect members of the ATA should be voted on by it's members. Any changes to our shooting sport should be voted on. This back door politics has to go. The members of the ATA deserve the truth with real facts.

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

smsnyder- The Delegates (Board of Directors) are voted into office by the members. The Delegate is elected for a one year term and can be elected again each year. The Delegates of each Zone elect their Zone President and he/she also serves as a Vice President on the EC. We have term limits on these Vice Presidents. After 4 years, they become a lame duck President and then are booted off of the EC. The EC does hire some full time employees that serve at the pleasure of the EC. This sounds like a "representative government" to me.

The ATA does have a complete audit each year. I will agree that the published audit (available to members through their delegate) can be difficult to understand. The 20 or so page audit is done by accountants and is written in "accountant language". But, with some work, even someone as simple as me can understand the audit.

Pat Ireland

5. smsnyder

Pat, I am a life member and have never got a ballot on EC officers or directors. Futhermore, I have never been notified concerning major changes the ATA was making to our sport .So much for a voice from the members. I never had a chance to vote on anything. I know about account language I ran my own business for years. So no excuse here for poor accounting.

6. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Earl,
    You have the opportunity, every year at your state shoot, to elect your ATA delegate, during the state meeting. The day and time of the meeting should be listed in your state program.

Ed Yanchok

7. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Earl, if you had gone to the annual membership meeting of your state at your State Shoot, you would have gotten a ballot for a director from your state (unless someone ran unopposed.) Often at such meetings, members vote on other things too.

Neil

8. smsnyder

Thanks Ed. That 's news to me. How do we vote for EC? How do members get more hear say in major decisions being made by the ATA. Members should have a voice on major changes and money being spent for the organization. What happened to Mac. Why was he fired? Why did Kenny Ray quit? What happened to Riverly? Is it a power struggle or accounting problem?

9. smsnyder

Sarge, I just went to trial for that same thing. Just because you are handed a book with rules doesn't mean that is the way it is. The company I sued lost in superior court. This was a major insurance company.

10. VNVET

VNVET Member

This happens a lot on TS.com.........clueless!

Jim

11. smsnyder

Thank's Neil.

12. Ron Burdick

Ron Burdick Active Member

Neil, At least now I know why the EC would not help me with the cheating that went on when I ran for Delegate in NY. Pat McHugh was on track to become the next zone VP. He would have been the incoming ATA President this year if he hadn't screwed up.

Ron Burdick

13. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Thanks for the info about the voting process.

14. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

sms, the Pennsylvania annual meeting takes place at Elysburg during our state shoot. The date and time are published in the shoot program and it has always been scheduled for a weekday afternoon when the shooter count is lower and the PSSA officers have more time to meet. That's not the best time for those of us who are "working trapshooters" but if something is important enough to someone, they usually find a way to attend.

I took a vacation day to attend one back when the hot topics were the PSSA's purchase of automatic traps, voice releases and changing to New York targets. I frankly found it pretty boring (as a lot of meetings often are) except for those topics.

Ed

15. KGUN

KGUN TS Member

I think it's time for ATA members to start paying attention to what's going on, starting in your home state. If your state delagate is the one who votes on your behalf them let him know how you feel. I think that a big can of worms is about to be opened and it's time for the members to stand up and do something.

16. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

The way I se it ALL ATA MEMBERS SHOULD VOTE. If they don't they pay an extra $10.00 per year. That even goes for the life members. What I have seen in the past is the people running for office will stack the deck by having all their voting friends come in and vote. By forcing people to vote you get and even playing field.

17. porky

porky TS Member

I saw that deck stacking in NY one year. It seems that all the young Scholastic shooters were advised to vote for one delegate. Big stink about it. No one could do anything. Couple years later the delegate was thrown out because of a impropriety anyway.

18. k8027AA

k8027AA TS Member

What officers are Elected yearly, President, VP, Ect. have always been a succesor thing as far a I could see, why don't we the members get a single vote for the President and VP. Also this ATA Presidest gun thing is also bunch of bull.
    In today's world of computers it easier than ever to post and conduct an election. Each member that pays their dues and is in good standing should have a single vote at the Grand American, this should not the single state delegate voting for the whole state membership.

Back to the main topic why all the changes are you hiding something? Why all the moves now you just hired Mr. Rively, if you would have done your job right in the first place you should have known him and his ability from this interviews. You introducted him as your(Our) Exective Director just two months ago, explain why and make the announcement or put out a article as to why he is being fired.
    You said you should attend the meeting and see, Well we are here and noting is posted or explained here at the grand,all is hush hush, so i see your words dont mean anything. Post it at the grand for everyone to see.
    If this is a good reason then we the voting members have a right to know because it's our hard earned dollars that he and you are paid. Why don't you the EC and officers remind yourself that you are paid by the members and you are working for us not for self gain.
    I was also informed that MAC was let go also, wow don't have all the details but would someone inform me this this.

We the members should demand action. We are here at the biggest shoot and meeting and no one will say anything about this so why ask or try to understand becasuse no one wants to tell us anything. Why all the hush, hush.

19. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Git-ER-Done:

A very qualified individual lost the NY election by only 6 votes due to that fiasco you mention years ago. The investigation showed over 20 illegal votes were cast...

Totaly illegal voting proceedure that the EC found after investigation to be true...Standing Delegate knew that he could cheat, and if found guilty he would retain his position, as the voting would be "Null and Void", and the standing Delegate retains his position...This could go on for years with no change in Delegates if the standing Delegate cheats each year in the election. I tried to have that changed for several years (Null and Void determination)through the "then" standing Delegate, but gave up fighting it...It got to the point that I got NO response from my delegate on the issue (NY Delegate)..Don't know now if the ruling has been changed, still get conflicting reports. Not there in NY any more, and don't care.

So I hope they never give me the CRAP about going through MY Delegate for anything. I got further by going through "Other" Delegates than my own in NY. This left a very bitter pill lodged in my throat.

20. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I was thinking about a computer vote but computers can change a vote or have a so called computer crash and loose votes. You then don't have a proper vote. I say when you get your renewal form for the ATA THAT is when you vote with your paper work on renewal. You don't vote you don't get your new ATA card and or pay an extra charge for not voting. They will not loose that I know. It will also force the ATA to get them out and have a due date to get them in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.