1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

EBT and SNAP

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Bisi, Apr 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

In the last week or so I have noticed signs in the grocery and drug stores that I have frequented. "WE ACCEPT EBT & SNAP" I know what EBT is, but what the hell is SNAP? Well anyway seen it again in a "Walgreens" today. So I came home and "Goggled" it.

SNAP - Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program - "A program offered by the Food and Nutrition Service which provides benefits to low-income people that they can use to buy food to improve their diets."

I guess it is another word for food stamps, I don't know if it is an addtional program or just a change from EBT to SNAP.

All these signs I have noticed are in front of the snack racks. Right in front of the potato chips, pork rinds, tortilla chips, Fritoes, Pringles, etc... I have yet to see one of these signs in the area of the produce or fresh fruit sections.

I just found it kinda of funny that the 2nd word in SNAP is "nutrition" and the mission statement is to provide benefits so people can buy food to improve their diets. Nothing says nutrition and improved diets like pork rinds does it? LOL

2. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

Just the new "food stamp" program.
    JimmyC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.