Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

EBAY

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  derbyacresbob 
#1 ·
is it true that ebay is going to stop listing any shoot-guns-reloading conected parts or items? gun stock-empty hulls- scope- anything.

#4 ·
Here's the proclamation:

<I>"Hello everyone…In mid-August, we will be updating our Firearms, Weapons and Knives Policy to place more restrictions around gun-related items. Once these changes take effect, we will prohibit listings of any firearm part that is required for the firing of a gun. This includes items like bullet tips, brass casings and shells, barrels, slides, cylinders, magazines, firing pins, trigger assemblies, etc. Please read the Firearms, Weapons and Knives Policy for more details on our current policy.
As you may know, eBay does not allow the listing of any items which are regulated by individual states or the federal government; however, there are still a large number of firearm-related parts that are legal and are widely available in retail stores. These items have also historically been allowed on eBay.
After learning that some items purchased on eBay may have been used in the tragedy at Virginia Tech in April 2007, we felt that revisiting our policies was not only necessary, but the right thing to do. After much consideration, the Trust & Safety policy team – along with our executive leaders at eBay Inc. – have made the decision to further restrict more of these items than federal and state regulations require.
This new update continues to encourage safety among our community members and brings our policies in the U.S. and Canada in closer alignment with our existing policies in other markets around the globe.
Sincerely,
Matt Halprin
Vice President, Trust & Safety"</I>

Apparently, the VA Tech nut case bought a couple clips and a couple dozen rubber duckies off eBay. I guess it remains to be seen just what parts eBay will label as "required for the firing of a gun".

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.