1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ebay what to look for

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ricks1, Jul 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

here is what to look for on ebay these type need to be banded look at the other things he has this stinks auction no 260133194156 any time you see bidder list that way BEWARE

2. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

I don't like such bidder lists, but why beware? Jake

3. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

Jake the guy is bidding on his auction to up the price i sent it to ebay but he will just come back as a NEW seller

4. SOLOR GUY

SOLOR GUY TS Member

I fail to see your point. Bidder #8 is not a newbie by any means 100-499. when I buy high dollar items i sure as heck dont want my handle up there. the seller can see who the bidder is and must be happy with the deal

5. new loader

new loader Member

The bidder list is the way they do it. It is to prevent peeping toms from seeing who is buying. Only seller & bidder will see the actual names. This is from ebay: To help keep the eBay community safe, enhance bidder privacy, and protect our members from fraudulent emails (such as fake second chance offers), eBay has changed how bid history information is displayed. If you place a bid on a higher-priced item, only you and the seller of the item can view your User ID in the bid history. Other members can no longer view User IDs and will see anonymous names, such as Bidder 1.

6. SOLOR GUY

SOLOR GUY TS Member

Ricks 1
    I think you should learn how to read ebay the seller is a 60 100% postive with 71/2 years ebay member and the bidder is 100-499 100% postive with over 5 years as ebay member

so whats your beef ? cant afford to run with the big dogs?

7. magnumshot

magnumshot Active Member

You don't seem to understand the auction.

I can see that he had a reserve of $676, which was met, perhaps by someone asking for the reserve, and which is the value of this sight to someone restoring an early garand.

Then another bidder has bid higher.

I see no indication that he has any shill bids.

Garand parts prices are skyrocketing, and this part is no exception, as this sight is very scarce. You'd be lucky to see it at $600 a year ago, and I wouldn't be suprized if it goes higher.

His auctions have nothing wrong as far as I can see.

According to eBay, bidder lists are automatic after a certain price is reached.

That's what happens with all my auctions, so there's no need to run away. It's the way they are combatting bogus second chance offers, and protecting privacy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.