1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

EBAY SCAM!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by birdogs, Apr 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

BEWARE - the miscreants have figured out a new way to use EBAY to scam buyers.

I wanted to purchase an item on EBAY for almost $10,000. Something seemed a bit off so I explored the matter further. The "seller" sent me an email stating that I could press the "buy it now" key and send in my payment and that EBAY would assure that the transaction was on the up and up. I called EBAY and the rep told me that the money I sent would be deposited in the sellers account and that he could do with it as he pleased. I have no doubt that the seller would have simply withdrawn "his" money and disappeared.

This "deal" had the faint whiff of a Nigerian scam so I explored further and had my suspicions confirmed. EBAY agreed that it was a fraud and took the limited action they could. As it is with all transactions, it is the integrity of the parties which makes for an honest deal.

2. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

What is the sellers user name? How many transactions had he done? How long a member? Ray

3. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

athe scammer was ostensibly selling his personal farm tractor. I'm not sure such a seller would have an EBAY history.

4. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

If he is out of this country. I will NOT DEAL WITH THEM.

Rating, I will look through their rating and I see to much red dots I will not deal with them.

No rating, I will not deal with them.

To few rating, I will be very very careful to deal with them.

If they are to pushy or will not email back, I will not deal with them.

Just look at it this way, treat them the same as if you walked in a store and or doing face to face business.

5. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

What was the sellers ebay user name? Do you have the item Number? Ray