1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ebay new policy 7-30-07

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by atashooter, Jul 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. atashooter

atashooter Member

Here is a copy - paste of Ebay's newest policy dated today 7-30-07;

Matt Halprin
    Hello everyone…In mid-August, we will be updating our Firearms, Weapons and Knives Policy to place more restrictions around gun-related items. Once these changes take effect, we will prohibit listings of any firearm part that is required for the firing of a gun. This includes items like bullet tips, brass casings and shells, barrels, slides, cylinders, magazines, firing pins, trigger assemblies, etc. Please read the Firearms, Weapons and Knives Policy for more details on our current policy.
    As you may know, eBay does not allow the listing of any items which are regulated by individual states or the federal government; however, there are still a large number of firearm-related parts that are legal and are widely available in retail stores. These items have also historically been allowed on eBay.

After learning that some items purchased on eBay may have been used in the tragedy at Virginia Tech in April 2007, we felt that revisiting our policies was not only necessary, but the right thing to do. After much consideration, the Trust & Safety policy team – along with our executive leaders at eBay Inc. – have made the decision to further restrict more of these items than federal and state regulations require.

This new update continues to encourage safety among our community members and brings our policies in the U.S. and Canada in closer alignment with our existing policies in other markets around the globe.

Sincerely,

Matt Halprin
    Vice President, Trust & Safety

2. atashooter

atashooter Member

Idiots .....

3. leadvail

leadvail Member

You usally get screwed on Ebay anyway .

4. famill00

famill00 TS Member

Matt Halprin is a panzy ass that is giving into the libs.

Forrest

5. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

The STUPIDITY of the left never ceases to amaze me. Just because they don't allow something, it makes them feel good. Don't they realize this is America and the inginuity we have as a people, that he would have gone somewhere else to buy or steal it???

BTW, I have NEVER had a problem on ebay.

6. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

We need to get another form to sell things. I just wish I had the money to kick their ass.

7. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

I wonder if this means pistol grips and gun stocks also?

8. SOLOR GUY

SOLOR GUY TS Member

RIGHT ON for ebay

9. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

They then need to do away with ebaymotors. I wonder how many people have been killed in cars sold on ebay?

10. g7777777

g7777777 Active Member

solor boy -- are you on dope?

you said:

Subject: Ebay new policy 7-30-07
    Email:
    Date: Mon, Jul 30, 2007 - 07:16 PM CT
    Website Address:

RIGHT ON for ebay

11. C H S

C H S TS Member

I wonder if they'll still allow choke tubes. I shot a whole round last winter without a choke tube so they're not necessary for firing a gun,

Andy

12. bgf

bgf Active Member

Sounds like ANYTHING gun related. Why worry about buttstocks when you are dealing with a anti-gun company? You are donating to the NO GUNS people by paying their fees.

I have an account with E-bay and I will be closing it.

I hope they ask me why.

Bernie

PS: Same goes for their sister company PayPal.

13. SShooterZ

SShooterZ Member

Its a hoax...

I went to their weapons and firearms link and also their announcements and nothing was posted.

As someone mentioned, probably a virus.

14. joshif

joshif TS Member

Solor Boy is a fag that hates anything having to do with being a Man. He's a mouse that follows the Gangsta Rappers and their ilk,he has no balls or brains. He just wants to fit in with any low life that will take him.He can't get a girl the old fashioned way so he lowers himself to the trash that will go out with ANYBODY just to try and be popular.

15. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Not a good speller either... SolOr Guy

16. goldengirl

goldengirl TS Member

Subject: Ebay new policy 7-30-07
    Email:
    Date: Mon, Jul 30, 2007 - 09:36 PM CT
    Website Address:

solor boy -- are you on dope?

you said:

Subject: Ebay new policy 7-30-07 From: SOLOR GUY Email: Date: Mon, Jul 30, 2007 - 07:16 PM CT Website Address:

RIGHT ON for ebay

GENE YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH DOPE???? KMA FROM CALIFORNIA

17. new loader

new loader Member

It's the 2nd item under July 30 announcements.

18. 682b

682b Member

Here is a cut and paste of my responce to the new policy. Othersshould do the same I used the safety forum on their site.
    Well the liberals of Ebay have used the VA tech shootings as a excuse to restrict the sale of empty shells and gun parts. They claim that the idiot who did the mass shootings purchased items off of eBay. What items? Perhaps a lab top computer or some other item. They are just using this tragedy as a excuse to further their (Anti Gun) political agenda. I will be canceling my account with eBay as well as my paypal account in mid August
    Oh by the way I am a father of a Va Tech student..

19. Madmark

Madmark TS Member

I wonder if they consulted their stockholders before they cut off such a large chunk of their income???

20. C H S

C H S TS Member

"I wonder if they consulted their stockholders before they cut off such a large chunk of their income???"

I don't agree with what they did but you got to remember that ebay is a global company and that it has stockholders all over the planet. Most other developed countries look at the gun violence in US cities and wonder out loud why we don't do something to deal with it. I know. I've been in a lot of them in the past 5 years. I guess the people at ebay are scared of being guilty of something by association and figure that they will gain customers and investors to make up for the ones they lose. I don't know for sure. It's just what I think. Here is a statement from them: http://blog.wired.com/business/2007/04/ebay_denies_con.html

As a matter of information, the VA Tech killer bought some clips and a couple dozen rubber duckies off ebay. (See link above) I wonder why they haven't banned the sale of tub toys as well??

Andy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.