1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Eau Claire, WI Trophy table... Pics

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JACK, May 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Shot at Eau Claire WI this past Saturday and thought their table worthy of note. They always put together a good shoot, get sponsors and in this case it was Sheels. I beilve a sporting good house. But sosmeone can come in and tell us about that sponsorship. Very nice people, extremely well orgainized, computer input and control, TV scores, good food and beveages after shooting. I love this place and wish I lived closer to be part of the regular activities. But I did join out of appreciation for their efforts to promote ATA shooting. God Bless 'em. The table from left to right in 3 pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They ahve several shoots a year and they are well attended. A highlight of my day was that I was priviliged to shoot along side a Jr lady, Jessica Whalen. She was right smack in the middle of 97 singles. It was a great squad. Jessica and her dad shoot Beretta Gold Es. And shoot them well...

It was the highlight of my weekend. Next week, I'll have some pics up of the Owatonna, MN "Degner" shoot. Watch for those.

2. gordy h

gordy h Member

I agree a great club,BUT I won't return, Just my thoughts. Last year I shot saturday broke 100 in 16 yd. Tied for high gun , my class and vet. But because of there carryover rule, I was told I forfit all. Because I had other commitments on Sunday I could not make it. The shooting was all over by 3 pm on Saturday lots of time for shoot offs, coin flip or? Butch H

3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

How many shooters at these events?

4. scott k

scott k TS Member

butch i beleve that rule has changed. if someone can't be there the next day i think thay will shootoff. if all parties will be there the next day it carrys over.

i think this is how i understood it.

scott

5. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Setterman. 60-70

And perhaps wiht a public airing they will reconsder the carry-over policy

6. gordy h

gordy h Member

Thanks guys, I hope I get more input on this. I have been trying to get my point accross. But was told if it's in the program it sticks. Please pass it along to every ATA officer and member. and maybe we can be heard. THANKS Butch H

7. washandwear

washandwear Member

Hi

One of several clubs on my "must attend" list of ATA shoots.

W&W

8. tom berry

tom berry Active Member

Before I moved to Iowa I was very active in this club. My Dad was very active until he had his stroke a few years back. He still shows up but doens't shoot any longer. My brother is on the BOD for the club.

I'll be seeing Bob and gang in a few weeks as we are holding a graduation party for my daughter out there in mid June. I'll mention it to him then. But I'm sure they'll have heard it all by then.

The carry over rule was implement several years ago for two reasons. One, our shoots were sufficiently large enough that it was often 5- 6 pm after the doubles were done. Then if any handicap shootoffs it stretched much later. Anyone that's ever been there knows that Bob likes to have an awards presentation, then there is the free food and the calcutta. On top of all of this was the fact that doubles are shot first on Sunday morning so that the time needed to check the traps on Sunday morning was minimal. Thus we tried to minimize the number of traps that needed to be reset for shoot offs.

It was one of those deals that we tried to please as many people as possible, knowing that some wouldn't like the decisions that were made. Maybe now that the shoot sizes are smaller, the rule should be revisited.

But Butch, what if the gentlemen you tied with had seen in the program that ties carryover and he had left for the day expecting to come back and shoot it off (carry over) on Sunday. I would understand your complaint a little more if the carry over rule wasn't printed in the program. But it was, you chose to shoot the program knowing that ties would carry over.

I would defend any club's position on this.

Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.