1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Eating out

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by senior smoke, Nov 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

i live on the dollar menu at mcdonalds. it is alot cheaper than buying food in a grocery store. breakfast $2.00, lunch $2.00, dinner $3.61, total=$7.61 per day. i don't want people to tell me how bad mcdonalds is for my health. it is the breakfast of champions. remember, the good die young, i will probably bury most of my friends.
    steve balistreri

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Taco Bell is better yet. Drinks for seniors are free. Wifey and I can eat for less than 5 dollars if we buy the low cost items.

But we also have a nice family restaurant with booths and witresses that we get out of for around 15 to 20, and their soup is fantastic.

The chains and yuppie places are way out of line with prices, and I just don't go there. I had to go to an Aplebees once, working nearby didn't want to waste time, Soup and Sandwich with drink was around 12 dollars. Ripoff.

HM

3. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Although they're not nation wide, Cracker Barrel has a killer breakfast called the Sunrise Sampler. You get 2 eggs, bacon, ham, sausage, grits, fried apples, bisquits & gravy and coffee all for $8.00 + tax & tip. Another place that's one of my favorites is "The Waffle House". Can't beat their Texas Toast sandwiches.

Eric

4. RogerNRA

RogerNRA TS Member

Steel cut oats cooked at home. I think the only breakfast I eat out is when I am traveling...............Roger

5. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

My wife and I go out to eat about two or three times a month tops . I would eat at home all the time if she did,t injoy a nice resttaurant .

I have a friend that he and his wife eat all three meals a day out . He brags about a truck stop and how good the food is ??

I,m lucky in my wife and I like to cook .

6. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

I do not want to know! I always say to my wife "I didn't marry you because you could cook" LOL, Bill

7. Unsingle

Unsingle Member

Senior Smoke - You're paying too much for breakfast. Asked for the senior coffee. You will save forty cents. I eat breakfast every morning for $1.67..

8. 5spd

5spd TS Member

Eating out......whats that....:)

I rarely eat out myself unless its a special occasion, or when I am on vacation.

9. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

If you could eat my wife's cooking, you'd never go out to eat unless you wanted to step down a notch. At least two meals everyday cooked from scratch, and she cooks healthy too!

I know...I'm a lucky guy!

milt

10. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

mette56, I'll match you with curvy. Heads up is it a challenge?LOL

Dixie, the meal you speak of will cost approx. $6 at a majority of local diners in the midwest. Some less.

11. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

As one who has outlived two wives and one divorce, I prefer to eat at home. It is hard to find a place that serves food I prefer more than what I cook.

With age and health concerns upon me, I prepare food that is distressingly healthy. I spend approx. $5 a day when I eat at home. I use the Mediterranean Food Pyramid as a guide.

I typically eat out on Sat evenings with the Operator of my Gun Club. I go more for the company than for the food.

We try to talk about things other than the Club.

12. ShawnaTX

ShawnaTX TS Member

I am the champion of breakfast! This morning I had a spinach omelette with purple onion, mushrooms, bacon and cheese.

13. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Ate lunch at a fancy a** place in Santa Barbara California this pm. It was a Gelson's market, super high end...but, bang for the buck: Prime rib sandwhich with two side dishes, all high quality...lots of prime rib, green beans, onions, and excellent red potatoes. Nice portions. Thirteen bucks. Something like that, served on a tablecloth at a sit-down place would likely have been double. Wife had a huge salad with chicken for even less. Total bill was $21.0 bucks for our top of the line food.

But we had to sit down and eat the meal in the bakery section. We were right next to the greeting cards. We kept grabbing those cards for laughs as we ate. And nobody came by to fill our drinks...oh well, can't have everything!

14. phirel

phirel TS Member

I learned 45 years ago the most economical breakfast. None. Not eating breakfast gets me working 30 minutes sooner. I save money on food and make money working.

Prior to about 1910, breakfast was not a recognized meal. A fellow in Michigan named Kellogg made it popular. Kellogg used the marketing approach of good health to sell the idea of breakfast. His other great health/medical advice was to have at least four enemas each day. I do not follow any of the advice given by Dr. Kellogg.

Pat Ireland

15. shadow

shadow Active Member

I eat the "early bird" breakfast at a local Mom and Pop resturant when I go fishing. 2 eggs,home fries,sausage or bacon or ham,biscuits with gravy, coffee. All for less than 4 bucks. Or you can get 2 pancakes about the size of a manhole cover with bacon or sausage and coffee for a little less.

16. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Dixie,

I hope you are talking about breakfeast for two at that price, if not you need find another diner or cook at home. $15 will buy a lot of eggs and taters.

17. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

pheasantmaster,

I'd take you up on that challenge but I might miss a meal. We're both lucky guys! Our girls are both excellent cooks, trap champions, best friends and traveling companions, beautiful looks and spirit, and Jimette will show up in the woods to help me drag out, hang and process a deer (when I get one). So top that!!

Opps, got to go...she just put my plate on the table...later!

milt...(grinning at the smell of breakfast!).

PS, just remember to always tell her thanks and how special she is...

18. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Dang,

In Toledo you can find that same deal for $4.oo Even the Cracker barrel or Bob Evens on the high side is about $8.00

I would open a breakfest joint in a heartbeat if I could get $14 for eggs,meat and toast.

What does a round of trap cost in you area?

shannon

19. oletymer

oletymer Member

These posts are full of artery cloggers. Watch what you eat and live a little longer.

20. Norm

Norm TS Member

OK, you guys that we so well at home. DON'T FORGET TO KISS (AND THANK) THE COOK!! You may not know what you have.

Shoot well and often. BON APPETIT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.