1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Easy Hit

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by mikee, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikee

mikee TS Member

has anyone used the easy hit fibre optic sight?.when I test to see which eye is my master eye it comes up as my right eye and I shoot off my right shoulder, however I have a feeling that at times when I am shooting I may be crossing over, is this possible and has anything like this ever happened to anyone else. I would appreciate any advice. I would consider buying one of these sights If I thought it would any good.

reguards Mike

2. lumper

lumper TS Member

I have sometimes crossed over as well but whenever I cross my eyes while shooting I usually break both birds but the dang scorer only counts one of them!!!

3. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Well here we go again.. The "you should never look at the bead anyway" bunch will be here shortly. Along with the "black out the bead" gang close behind.

It does work as far as the other eye seeing the bead is concerned. And that may or may not be your problem. Try it it is not that expensive and it may work for you. If it does not no big deal.

Rock

Jim

4. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

I have them on my hunting guns. For my Trap gun I need Meadow Industries' Vari-Brite-Site II/III. These have a channel rather than a tube. So if you need to lift your comb high to get the POI you want you can still see the fiber optic bead.

In my case I have a weak dominate right eye and see 2 barrels when focused on the target. So having a fiber optic sight and an off eye blocker has really helped me. I find that I do not have to look for the bead because it is glowing out there and I also know where I was pointing when the gun went off all while focused on the target. You should give the Easy Hit or Vari-Brite-Site III, if you need a high head position on your gun, a good try out. Use it for at least a few months and/or about 1,000 shots.

Those that find fiber optic sights distracting are too easily distracted, so they should not use them.

Jason

5. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Phil Kiner has video/taped students with the occasional crossfire problem. I share that disease and I use a Uni-Dot hooded fiber optic bead to prevent the problem. Mystery misses at hard left angle targets that looked perfect but kept on flying was my clue that something was wrong.

6. Agee

Agee TS Member

i have a easy hit sight it works great in fact the first time i shot i got 100 straight i am satisfied with mine u just have to make shur u get it on straight cause if u try to fix it the glue will start to come off.

7. dedpair

dedpair Active Member

I work for Kalispel Case Line which distributes them. Email me your address and I'll send you 1. Jeff G

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

easy hit