1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Easy-Hit Sights??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ron (vt), Sep 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ron (vt)

ron (vt) Member

Has anyone tried these?? Opinions? Thanks.

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    If they are built like the Uni-Dot, then they would work to help eliminate cross-firing. If they are are built differently, then they're just a bright bead. The problem with either the Uni-Dot or a bright bead is that you absolutely cannot look at the sight. You might focus on the target, and use peripheral vision to bring the dot to the target. Otherwise you'll miss. And because the dots are brighter than an ordinary bead, some people find them irresistible to look at.

3. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

I use the Easy Hit sights on my trap guns, and find they work very well indeed, at least for me. First, they are set up so that you have to look through a fairly long tube to see the "bead" (which is really a glowing rod). If you do not have the gun properly aligned, you will not see the bead so it helps greatly in initial alignment/hold.(in this, it works something like the sight blinder). Once I call for the target and focus on that, I no longer consciously see the beads at all, since I am focusing on the target, but the subconscious of course still sees the alignment, thus helping to place the barrel in the proper spot to break the target. I use the smallest "bead" Easy Hit sold (a 2mm rod/bead) for more precise alignment (albeit only in my subconscious eye), but others have used the 2.5 or 3mm beads. I find the larger beads better for short range work, such as skeet. 2 or 2.5mm would be what I would say try out.

Jim R

4. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

They don't work at night or in the rain.

They shorten the sight plain by a few inches.

5. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

They work great at night. I am trying to work my self off of them. But It is either them or one eye shooting.

Cold turkey I guess I had better averages with out it shooting one eyed.

Rock

jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.