1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Easy Hit Fiber Optic Sight

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by HotRodA10, Mar 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HotRodA10

HotRodA10 Member

I'm looking to replace the front sight on my gun and I was wondering if anyone out there has had experience using the Easy Hit Fiber Optic sight on their gun? I sometimes have a cross dominance problem, not all the time but occasionally and sometimes I find myself shooting with one eye open instead of both when I notice this is happening. I know there are techniques out there such as using tape on your glasses, etc., but I want to have a clear field of view with both eyes open. I've read this sight eliminates or greatly reduces cross dominance issues due to it's unique design. Does anyone have any good or bad reviews of this sight? Thanks.

Rod

2. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

I love them, I have them on all my hunting guns.

You do have to learn to focus on the target and not get distracted by the glow rod. If your current sight is a fiber optic one, I think you will like the Easy Hit.

However, if you are seeing a lot of rib to get the Point of Impact you want, the Easy Hit may not work, because the blocker is a tube and there is a point when your eye is too much above the rib, you will not see the fiber optic rod. If this is the case the Meadow Industries Vari-Brite-Site III is better. It has a channel so even when lifting your head you can see the sight. I have these on all my target guns.

Jason

3. HotRodA10

HotRodA10 Member

I like to keep my head glued to the stock with only the beads showing a slight figure 8. I don't like seeng a lot of rib so I think this might work for me and force me to keep my head on the stock. What size do people recommend? They make a 2.5mm and a 3.0 mm size tube. I've read the 3.0mm is a little large and really stands out so it's possible to get distracted from the target and focus on the sight.

Rod

4. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Take all the beads off and see what happens. Shot the best scores of my life without any at all.

5. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

I would suggest you use the shorter version and 2.5mm bead. Better yet, go with the HiViz magic comp. It uses the same concept as the easyhit but is much smaller. I have had experience using both of these. FWIW. JM

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I've installed Uni-Dots on all my shotgun ribs (except my cowboy shotgun, not sanctioned by rules) because of cross-firing due to opposite eye dominance. Took me about two months or so to get used to the change, but then scores matched my old scores and then exceed them. Shortly after that I ran my first 25 and 50.

I don't like tape on glasses. It's annoying and I want 3D vision, the whole purpose of keeping both eyes open. Maybe the tape works on the trap range for some, but for field hunting it sucked more than Obama.

7. SilverShooter

SilverShooter TS Member

I also have an occasional cross dominance problem and these types of sights helped tremendously! At one point I got so confident that it was no longer an issue, i did not put it on a new gun. My scores held up for about two weeks, then the issue resurfaced. I now have it on all my shotguns, and keep a few spares.

I actually prefer the Meadows Industries Vari Brite III with a white fiber for my competition SGs and the short Easy Hit greens for my hunting SGs.

8. HotRodA10

HotRodA10 Member

Thanks for all the input. Several of you have mentioned the Vari Brite III which is similar and has a slot on the top so you can still see the bead if you lift your head. What I like about the Easy Hit sight concept (at least it souinds good) is it not only helps with cross dominance problems but also forces you to keep your head glued to the gun so if you lift your head (not a good thing....at least for me), you can't see the bead. I think this would help in breaking any bad habits about lifting your head....WDYT?

Rod

9. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

I have used the Easy Hit sights on all my target guns for years. I find they definitely help in gun alignment, since it must be properly aligned in order to "see" the fiber optic down the tube. I like the smaller diameters for target work, and would only use the larger on a hunting gun. They are great aids for those who have cross dominance problems also. As for any distraction issues, once the gun is properly aligned and the target called for, you really should not be paying any attention to the "beads" any way, and total focus should be on the target, not the gun.

10. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

You can't see the bead at night under the lights or in a good rain. They work for a while for cross firing until they don't.

11. Brian in Oregon

re: Larger diameters... I'm using the 2mm Uni-Dots. I tried a 3mm, but it gathered so much light that it lite up the black tube inside, which I was picking up with my other eye. The 2mm size has been bright enough for me under all daylight conditions, and even works under bright trap field lights.

As for "working for a while for cross firing until they don't", I've been using mine for a decade now and still have not reverted to crossfiring.

One problem with these sights... Not using them correctly. NEVER look at the bright dot. If you do you WILL miss. Keep your eyes on the clay and bring the dot to the clay using peripheral vision. It will take some practice to do that.

12. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Kiner has had a lot to say about cross fire sights and bead blinders, If they worked for everyone to prevent cross firing, you would not see the eyeglass tape or one eye closed.

I'm glad it works for you Brain, it's good your fix was that easily correctable, others with deeper issues are not as fortunate.

13. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

I have tried them all. The Easy Hit in the target format is the best. It has the longer fiber optic and a shorter tube. I went with the 2.5 target only because the 2mm was no longer available. The 3mm dots are too big and inaccurate. The 2mm is perfect for me. I'm experimenting with putting a thin tube of paper inside the tube of my 2.5s to reduce the diameter.

The bottom line (for me) is the 2.5mm target Easy Hit is the only sight that I can see in my peripheral vision when my eyes are glued to the target and the gun is moving to shooting position. However, it is not so bright that you cannot ignore it when you want. I have both colors but prefer the green for trap.

14. Brian in Oregon

shannon, everyone is different, so indeed, no solution is universal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
champion easy hit sight review
champion easy hit what size
champion easyhit shotgun sight review

does easyhit sight work

easy hit feedback
easy hit sight reviews
easyhit trap
easysight bead review