1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Easy Company

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Loyac, Mar 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loyac

Loyac Member

Another one of the "Band of Brothers" passed a few days ago. 1st Lieutenant Lynn "Buck" Compton was 90. He was portrayed in the Band of Brothers series by Neal McDonough. Heroes, every last one of them...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6YSSEWjjk48" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Loyac

Loyac Member

ttt

3. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

Not to be critical, but that's Easy company. I, too share your admiration for Buck Compton and all the members of the 509 PIR. I got to meet MAJ Dick Winters down at Bragg once. I was humbled in his presence, or maybe I should say I was humbled later... Sadly, we have lost another member of what has come to be known as "The Greatest Generation"

4. Loyac

Loyac Member

Sorry MDMIKE, that's what I meant... I'm sure it must have been an honor to meet Major Winters.

5. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

Yes it was. He was there at my graduation from jump school. Some relative of his was in the same class I was, or so I've later came to understand. Winters was 101st, we were 82nd, but he was there down from Penn. They made a big deal out of it graduation day, but at the time, I didn't understand. It didn't really dawn on me who he was until the series "Band of Brothers" came out. Then I came to understand who he was and what he had done. I did further researh after the series came out and was stupified to say the least. I was then quite humbled and wish I had known more at the time we had met. Young and dumb was I. I think dumb I still am as I know young has passed...... They were all Outstanding......

6. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

No need to be sorry John. You were remembering a great American. I am glad you brought that to our attention.

7. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Mike...it was the 506th PIR...

My first assignment after jump school was with the 502nd, Ft. Campbell, KY.

Curt

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.