1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Eastern Zone multiple sites?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by KeithT, Dec 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KeithT

KeithT TS Member

Why is the Eastern zone the only one to not offer multiple sites for the zone shoot ? It would sure make travel more convenient.

2. porky

porky TS Member

Where would you rather go, Elysburg,Pa, Cicero,NY or Thurmond,Md. Then ask yourself, who has the better facility. Shooters might migrate even if the shoot was close to them in order to get to a facility they like best. Since the State ATA's have to pay for the satellite grands, if they didn't get enough people, they would lose money.

3. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

The Eastern Zone shooter's are very fortunate to have Elysburg & Cicero as sites for the annual Zone Championships. Each venue is surrounded by a good infrastructure of restaurants, hotels/motels, campgrounds and things for the non-shooter's to do.

I like it the way it is as both places are within a 5 hr. drive...each location has plenty of traps to handle the crowds and each location's shoot management does a good job of running the programs.

If the EZ Delegates were to think of which location brings in the most shooter's and money for the organization, then Elysburg is the winner by far.

Curt

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

A single Zone shoot location allows shooters to meet more of their friends, allows the Delegates an opportunity to get together, gives a greater potential for all shooters to shoot under similar conditions and makes management of the shoot much simpler. Travel distance in the Eastern Zone is much less than the travel distance in the Western Zone.

A telephonic zone gives more shooters the opportunity to shoot there zone.

I personally liked the single Zone shoot site, but when this question came up for the Southern Zone, I voted for the telephonic plan. This seemed to offer the greatest benefit for the shooters.

Pat Ireland

5. Ron Burdick

Ron Burdick Active Member

A drawback that I see to the single zone shoot location, is there is no incentive for any of the other clubs in the zone to try and expand. Just as the Satellite Grands have done to the smaller clubs in the area of these Sat Grands.

The smaller clubs are dying just for this reason. The way I see it, no small clubs-no new shooters.

Just my opinion and it don't mean nothing.

Ron Burdick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.