1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Eastern Sportsman & Outdoor Show

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dedpair, Jan 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dedpair

dedpair Active Member

Just got word from the NSSF that Reed promotions is postponing the show after 200+ vendors and guest speakers pulled out. This was in protest to Reed disallowing display or sale of "Modern Sporting Rifles". They are also the promoter for SHOT and NSSF said it will rexamine their deal with them promoting that show in the future.

Jeff

2. Raystownbob

Raystownbob Active Member

I just saw that also. Great news as far as I'm concerned. Kudos to all those who decided to take a stand on this. Link to their announcement is above.

3. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Amazingly the Brits have such short memories. Without the good old USA they'd be now speaking German!!

4. Brad Dysinger

Brad Dysinger Member

The Brits fold in the face of American gun owners again. Just like in 1776 it seems that a few American Patriots have pressed home the point of what it means to be free and an American. Hopefully others are watching. Good Job to all those involved.

When I lived in Maryland and guided Sika deer hunts the Harrisburg show was the best one to attend, I got lots of hunters from Pa, I would think the economic impact to the city will be huge.

I really like the double talk that the promoters used too. I just got back from the shot show and I am surprised that these clowns promote it, maybe the NSSF needs to look for someone else.

Brad

5. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

<blockquote><I>"Amazingly the Brits have such short memories. Without the good old USA they'd be now speaking German!!"</I></blockquote>I don't know whose history YOU'VE been reading but I seem to remember that the British held off the Germans pretty much alone for 2 years. Churchhill had to literally BEG Roosevelt for what what few supplies he eventually sent before his isolationist administration was forced by Japan pull its head out of the sand, get off it's duff and get involved.

Keller

6. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Good!!

FEAB9

Curt

7. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2013/01/24/nations-largest-outdoor-show-falls-apart-after-no-assault-weapons-policy-implemented-n1496774

Nation's Largest Outdoor Show Falls Apart After No "Modern Sporting Rifles" Policy Implemented

The cancelled the show after the NRA pulled out. They are giving refunds to the shows vendors and a company is going to hold a virtual show online.

Read the link above.....

Jerbear

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    <i>"I don't know whose history YOU'VE been reading but I seem to remember that the British held off the Germans pretty much alone for 2 years. Churchhill had to literally BEG Roosevelt for what what few supplies he eventually sent before his isolationist administration was forced by Japan pull its head out of the sand, get off it's duff and get involved."</i>

Uh, what history have YOU been reading? Roosevelt risked breaking our neutrality by supplying Britain before America entered the war. There were laws preventing our arming the Brits. That's why Lend-Lease came into play, and it should be noted that the Germans and Italians could have partaken of Lend-Lease if they pressed the point.

Roosevelt did what he could have done and even bent the law as it was.

9. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

Even more direct to the point of citizens private arms, perhaps you should remember when the British government disarmed virtually all of their citizens before WW II only to later have to ask for voluntary donations from American gun owners to supply firearms with which to repel the anticipated German invasion!

The British advertised in a 1940 edition of the NRA's American Rifleman asking for donations. They received around 7,000 such privately owned American arms.

It appears that the British not only suffer from gunphobia but also a most severe case of lapsing memory. If you want a bit more detailed info you can Click Here.

10. Bigcat

Bigcat Active Member

A local official was saying with the loss of the show the area will lose 44 million dollars.

11. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Good, it is about time that ALL gun owners start to unite. We have been divided for way too long. I just hope that it is not a case of too little too late. Hit them where it hurts, the pocketbook. I think that this could be the last stand so to speak for gun owners rights as a whole. The NRA position of putting them on the dime and not giving another inch has been a long time coming. John

12. JH

JH Well-Known Member

DOES EVERYONE IN THIS SITE BELONG TO THE NRA?

IF YOU DON'T, THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND YOU NEED THEM NOW MORE THAN EVER!

13. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Bigcat, quote: <i>"A local official was saying with the loss of the show the area will lose 44 million dollars."</i>

THIS is the kind of economic clout politicians and others need to recognize. We have the numbers. In some cases we cannot do much about some anti-gunners being elected. But in a close election we can definitely affect an election. Look at Al Gore. He cheesed off gunowners to the point where they swung the vote against him in his own home state. And very, very few get elected on a platform of banning guns.

Also look at Jim Zumbo, a highly privileged Fudd who got all sorts of freebies from gun makers, hunting guides, and so on. Then turned around and crapped on us. He found out what gun owner economic clout could do as well.

14. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

As I said on another thread, the economic impact of this cancellation spreads far beyond our local area. Many outfitters have told me over the years that this show is their Black Friday as it makes their year. Several leave before the show ends because they have filled all their bookings for the upcoming hunting or fishing seasons as well as some for the next year. One who our son had spoken with regarding a hunt this fall has already called him to try to firm up the arrangements since they won't be able to see each other at the show.

As members of the outdoor media, Jason and I have attended the show every year for a long time, sometimes two and three times each year. It's going to be weird not going this time but I received an email from the media relations person, who lives nearby, advising us that they might still have it this year. I'm not holding my breath...

Ed

15. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

United we stand divided we fall. HMB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

brad dysinger sika