1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

East Coast Christmas storm!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by BILL GRILL, Dec 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

So how bad is it? Sounds like it's going to be a good old fashioned blizzard. Merry Christmas to all out there and try to keep warm and SAFE. Bill

2. snapthecat

snapthecat TS Member

Here in Western NC bordering Great Smoky Mtns Nat. Park, it is 34 degrees, 5 inches of snow, and snowing hard. 2:10 PM Christmas Day.

3. Russ-in-Pa

Russ-in-Pa Well-Known Member

Hoping for lots of snow in South Jersey.

Supposed to go Sun afternoon for a few days to see wife's family.

If much snowfall is forecast, we don't have to go.

Me and the two boys don't want to go, Wifey and our daughter both want to.

Current forecasts say 3-5 inches, so it is still up in the air.

Only thing that may get us there is wife's uncle. He is 81 now, and we like to visit him whenever possible. The rest of the relatives are not worth a 10 minute drive, let alone 7 hours each way.

Everyone in the storm's path... Stay safe.

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Looks like we will able to shoot some blizzard trap. HMB

5. shtrwhite

shtrwhite Member

Here in Bethel,Pa. calling for 6 - 10" of snow. Blizzard TRAP

6. chipking

chipking TS Member

So far here in Fredericksburg VA temps are 34 and maybe a flake or two falling. Lets see if that holds.

--- Chip King ---

7. Conn. Man

Conn. Man Member

6:00 news weather forcast for Connecticut----12---18",blizzard warnings,seeing is believing.Heard this before.We will see the results Tuesday !!!!!!!!!!!.

Sandy Holehouse

8. volksbugusa

volksbugusa TS Member

ready here on eastern long island.really wanted to shot some trap early in the morning...i guess i ended up being the clay....

volksbugusa/matt

9. onlym12's

onlym12's TS Member

2-4" this afternoon, 10-14" tonight, another 2-4" tomorrow Sterling, MA

Thank's, Mike

10. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

About 2" here in Pittsboro NC this morning and still snowing lightly. Wonder if anyone is going to come to Deep River today to shoot sporting clays. We open (normally) at 12 noon. I'll go in to answer the phone and stoke the wood stove.

Scott

11. Russ-in-Pa

Russ-in-Pa Well-Known Member

Happy to announce Russ is staying in Pa.

23yr old daughter pitched a fit last night like a PO'd 5yr old.

Supposed to warm up here at the end of this week, and we may get some shooting in.

12. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Just started at 11 am in Central NJ near Exit 8A off the Turnpike and the roads are all white but no heavy flakes yet . Once they start to fall it won`t take long to reach a foot or so . Glad we closed Mallard for the weekend far in advance of this . Stopped for some last minute items at the Stop and Shop and it took me 4-5 passes to find a parking spot . Never fails everytime the weather man says snow but this one they say will be a Blizzard, you can`t blame them . Better to get out before the storm than during it . Brother in law is heading back to Florida Monday morning and stopping here on the way down or so he says he is . Hope he changes his plans for another day . Snow blower is all gassed up and ready to go !!!! OK , 11:30 and heavier flakes now ............... grass is covered ............

13. pdq

pdq Member

I'm 20 miles west of Philadelphia, and the snow that was supposed to start around 10AM, hasn't hit yet and it's now almost noon.

I bought "no-snow insurance" earlier this year. Sears had a huge clearance sale on snow blowers in mid-July (not much call for them when the temp is around 100F), so I bought a big, honkin' 2 stage unit. Can't wait to try it out, which means that instead of us getting 12 - 18" we'll get something closer to nothing.

That's ok, but I was hoping to get a chance to play with my new toy.

Was also hoping to go to a shoot for spiral cut hams today at Delaware County Sportsman -- I suspect that will get cancelled.

Pete

14. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

Six inches of snow up here on Flattop Mountain (outside of Chattanooga)in Southeast Tennessee. One granddaughter and husband got here late after the roads opened up. Beautiful but at 62 years old I am over "White Christmas's". They cause too much hassle when you have relatives coming from any distance.

DoubleAuto

15. nomoloscofoso

nomoloscofoso Member

Nothing in Millersburg! PISSER! 12:50

16. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

Last night predictions of 8-10 inches today in the Alexandria/DC Metro area have so far reaped nada zip! Now the prediction is MAYBE 1 inch.

17. spicyfish

spicyfish TS Member

Looks like 10-12" here in Virginia Beach Va and still snowing. My Chesapeake Bay Retreiver "Chessie" has not seen snow this deep and the last time she was out, she was tunneling underneith the snow. Great to see she was having a good time but I don't like snow.

18. Conn. Man

Conn. Man Member

Like I said earlier,"SEEINN IS BELIEVINN"Well im seeinn about 6" on the level here in Eastinn Connecticut.It's a ---"PIZZANT" storm right here.Alotta wind,hopefully it will melt real soon with moderating temps as the weather men say is forcast in the near future.It's just a bunch of educated guessinn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Sandy Holehouse.

19. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

The ski hill north of me got over2 1/25 metres in 48 hours, for a 5+ metre midmountain base, and it is still coming down heavily. This is the most of any ski resort on the planet.

20. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Shootig sailor, You might want to start calling around. I don't think they are even close. That's just a lite dusting around here. Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.