1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

East banks moving to the West end

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 320090T, Aug 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

The west end vendors met with the officials of the ATA, Mike Hampton wasn't invited, and stated their concerns about the lack of traffic due to the west banks being closed to registered shooting. The decision was made to move the three most eastern banks to the west end for the duration of the shoot. Several of the vendors threatened to remove sponsorship money for next year if traffic wasn't restored this year, no intake, no output.

2. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I really can't say as I blame them.

After all, they have a lot of money involved and need the foot traffic to sell their wares.

More than likely, if they don't sell, they won't be back.

Hauxfan!

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I totally agree with that move by the vendors. I went to the west end the other day after caps and it was a ghost town. Mike Hampton pulled that idiot move without giving any regards for their buisnesses. There should be shooting going on on both sides of the complex to allow an even split of foot traffic.-----Matt

4. PaShooter

PaShooter Member

The best thing to do would be to compact all the vendors into one specific area, such as behind the permenant buildings. Let them set up their tents in a couple rows. That would be the best for the vendors, all foot traffic would be concentrated in one specific area. Now depending on location the vendors are just SOL. Think I have walked "the line" just once since I have been going due to the size unlike Vandalia where it was at least a twice daily event.

Paul H
    Imperial, PA

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Paul-----That is an excellent idea that has been brought up before but i guess just makes too much sense. The more you can concentrate the people in one area the more sales will go up.-----Matt

6. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

I agree, it would gain some of the old feelings as it just seems to be more fun to shop with a crowd instead of being the one of the few in the store. Moving the tent vendors to the south of the permanent shops would be a smart move in my opinion. Glenn

7. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

They should have put all of the vendors together from the beginning or at least an arrangement similar to the way Vandalia was cobbled together. Now you're going to have to figure a way to do it without reducing parking. Maybe after the shoot is over, they'll discover they can dismantle some of the fields on the west end and put the tent vendors in their place. This way you'd still have parking and all of the shoppers would show up at one time or another. Looks like they stiil need to do a little tweaking. At least they have the room to do it.

Years previous at Sparta, it didn't look like the building vendors were ever very busy. Then again there were vendors at Vandalia that looked deserted as well. Let's face it, there are lookers and buyers, and even the buyers are looking for bargains.

8. John55

John55 Active Member

There's a bit of room between the shell house bldg. and the first of the vendor bldg's, they could put a good number of the tent vendors there. But, it is nice having some of them down where the bulk of the shooting takes place...especially the food vendors!

9. mollyone

mollyone TS Member

they need power and water hard to do in a broke state

10. t-bar

t-bar Member

Sat. and Sun the Aim kids will be shooting all of there targets on the West end.

bar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.