1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Easiest/cheapest way to increase LOP on Rem 1100?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by esbshaw, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esbshaw

esbshaw TS Member

I recently purchased via internet auction, an "N" prefix Remington 1100 TRAP-T shotgun with a monte carlo stock. It has the stepped barrel with a fixed MOD choke. It runs flawlessly and is alot of fun to shoot. However, the stock is too short for me. It has a red Remington-marked recoil pad with a thin black and a thin white border/spacer. I looked at alot of Remington trap guns before I bought this one, and I think the set up I have is pretty much the standard factory configuration. Is there a simple and inexpensive way to add more length without permanently altering the stock, that I can do myself? Like simply unscrewing the current pad and screwing on a different, thicker, pre-fit recoil pad? Or am I going to have to go to a gunsmith to have "grind-to-fit" spacers and recoil pad installed? I don't think a slip-on pad will work with the monte carlo stock. If I do have to go with a a gunsmith-installed set up, is there anyone in particular that someone could recommend in the Seattle/Tacoma area? Thanks in advance for any advice or info.

2. 2500 HD

2500 HD Active Member

I use Aluminum flat stock in the thickness I need. Remove the pad. Mark the two holes for the pad screws on the aluminum. Drill them just slightly larger than the screw threads. Re install the pad with the aluminum in between. Take a knife or fine tip pencils and score a line around the pad. Take off and sand on a belt sander with a course belt to get close to the line, finish with a fine belt just taking the line. Take breaks the aluminum will get hot. Take your time and it will turn out nice. Tagle top Bealt sanders work great. Good luck!!

3. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I had the same stock and I couldn't figure out which prefit pad would be the
    right one. Limbsaver and Kickeez both would add about 1/4" to the LOP, but there's no prefit pad that specifies that it will fit your stock. I know, I tried.

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Aluminum or Plexi-Glass works for adding length.

Hap

5. 2500 HD

2500 HD Active Member

Or an adjustable plate like a Graco or Morgan you will gain length and adjustablity. I've done that too!!!

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Spacers are easy. Brownell's might have them. I used to see them advertised in Shotgun Sports. Put them on, mark, remove and cut/grind.

HM

7. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

Most inexpensive way is try a slip-on pad. $20. Mark

8. jhoward

jhoward Member

Depending on how much you need to add, go to your local Sportsman's Warehouse, Cabelas, Bass Pro, or whatever and buy one of the slip over recoil pads. It will add about an inch of length and likely be the quickest and cheapest. Something like the link above.

9. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

Brownells has hard rubber spacers that are easy to grind yourself (url above). The 100 Straight are a little less expensive:
    http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=6804/Product/100-STRAIGHT-POLYMER-BUTTSTOCK-SPACER

10. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Hap has the best, easiest, and cheapest way to do it, been there done that.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

11. Ontario Chris

Ontario Chris Member

I have a Limbsaver pre-fit pad for a Browning Citori on mine. Pretty Darn close...

Chris

12. MR870

MR870 Member

A couple of washers from the hardware store will work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how to increase the lop for remington 1100